• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Coronet Bumpers

Very good thread. I am probably going to get a set for my x in the future. The originals need work and I know the price for repair and rechrome will double the price of the AMD's. I have scoured my area, even in Mexico, and there isn't a soul here who rechromes parts. Mine is a driver so I think the AMD are a great bargain.

Mine is a driver so I think the AMD are a great bargain.
I too have 'driver standards' (or perhaps even a bit below those standards). Not sure if my bumpers are AMD, but I will say at over 8 years old, they look 'acceptable' to me. The brush mark description is seen in my front bumper and it looks terrible at certain angles. Doesn't bother me, but if I had the choice of original pitted bumpers with some light rash and these Taiwan replacements, I'd keep the originals on the car.

I too have 'driver standards' (or perhaps even a bit below those standards). Not sure if my bumpers are AMD, but I will say at over 8 years old, they look 'acceptable' to me. The brush mark description is seen in my front bumper and it looks terrible at certain angles. Doesn't bother me, but if I had the choice of original pitted bumpers with some light rash and these Taiwan replacements, I'd keep the originals on the car.
Thanks! I just looked at tri city and it looks like the pricing is decent. $450 per bumper plus shipping to and from. So $1k roughly door to door. My bumpers need a little straightening but they are not terrible. I will keep them in mind for sure.

Its been almost 30 years since I've done business with Tri City (I feel so old), but back then the place was run by car guys that took pride in knowing their work was going on people's collector cars. I did face to face business with them (drove from Cincinnati to their front door) and they showed me around and gave me red carpet treatment. Disclaimer is that was 30 years ago and I don't know who runs the shop now, but I believe you will be better off going to them for bumper work than AMD replacements.

and AMD doesn't want cores...so you can keep your originals for redoing later if you want.

Yep...I would say AMD should only be an option if you need to hurry up and just get something on the car, OR you don't have a re-finishable original (as was my case--rear one was too far gone) amd will cost you what most people want for their beat-up used originals--and the fact that they're pretty straight should save some $$ at the chromers..

Auto Transport Service
Back