• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American racing wheels question ..is this a good deal? Will they fit ?

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
came a cross a FB add for these ...600.00 , Ithink they SHOULD fit, I dont know what kind of back space I need for a 72 charger... thoughts?

Set of four 15" American Racing wheels. Fronts are 8" wide and rears are 10" wide. These fit Ford and are 4 1/2" bolt pattern. Includes caps, lug nuts and tires

1688744592892.png
1688744604683.png

great deal but you need to know the BS. I would buy those if you pass. take the car with you and see.

Unless the rears have a 5 inch back spacing I believe you will have issues.

Last edited:
great deal but you need to know the BS. I would buy those if you pass. take the car with you and see.
car is in shop and not drivable at the moment

I agree a 10" rim can't be outdish, it won't fit

Last edited:
per seller..

Back spacing is 4" on fronts and 3 1/2" on rears, I think they might work??

No way 15x10 with a 3.5 backspace will fit on the rear of a B body. Unless you jack up the back with air shocks or shackle extensions.....

I think (and hope ) you have your numbers transposed.
Normal backspace for American Racing is 3 3/8 up to 8" or 3.5 including rim thickness.
And 4" for the rear.
Even 3 3/8 is pushing it for front geometry and wheel bearing life.
That's the only thing preventing me from being cool and running my 200S's

You might get the rears to fit if you use a 66-67 rear axle. I have never measured but it would be worth investigating. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it won't fit unless you go 70's and hang them out in the breeze. The fronts will fit, I have a friend running them.
Great looking combo if you can get the rears under it.

I missed the by less than 2 mins !

I found another set .. 4.5 inch backspace, I think these might work better any way? am I right !
American racing 15x8, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, 4.5" backspace
1688758579568.png

thats what I thought ! Thanks everyone !

The Big Man was watching over you No one wants a $600 oops :thumbsup:

4.5 + 3.5 =8
Which way were they measuring?
I've not seen mags (8" wide) with 4.5 back spacing. Or I'd have bought several sets.
Check before you buy.

Otherwise, yes you are very lucky

well, couldnt agree on a price on the 4.5 inch back space 15x8's , how about these ? 4" backspace, will they fit a 72 charger ?

4 American Racing Wheels made in USA 15x7&15x10 with 4”offset 4.50 bolt circle have center caps fit ford or Chrysler.

1689176277859.png

Same deal as before, those 15x10's won't fit in your wheelwell.

Auto Transport Service
Back