• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And How do YOU Light the BBQ?

Dibbons

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Dad used to use this electric thing that got red hot and made the briquets hot and ashy in about 10 minutes. I used to have the chimney. Going to grill some orange colored wieners the old lady brought home from the store.

I do the Kingsford charcoal starter/metal chimney deal
with a lil' crumpled up newspaper & a match
in the Weber big kettle works for the past 43+ years now
why change ?

I use one charcoal briquette soaked in methanol to light everything off. It takes a bit longer but one is all that's needed. Pile up all the others (unsoaked) into a pile and before long it's going. By the time it's ready to cook on, the soaked one is burned up.

I use about 10 times as much accelerant as directed on the label.

Dad used to use this electric thing that got red hot and made the briquets hot and ashy in about 10 minutes. I used to have the chimney. Going to grill some orange colored wieners the old lady brought home from the store.

Bison lighter

I plug mine in and turn it on.

7-20-18b.jpg

Oh, today's project. Beef, it's what's for dinner!

160088502_4137987196214518_307485973698596672_o.jpg

Quart of gasoline and long match
I hope, but know you're being sarcastic. I just use a charcoal chimney and some paper wads, been doing that for I don't know how long? Haven't used starter fluid since I started that.

Weber, briquettes, starter fluid... just like 1968 all the time.

When I was a kid in the sixties and seventies dad had one of those electric branding iron kind of thingies, worked slick. Haven’t seen one in years.
I used to have a stash of these little white cubes about the size of an ice cube, I think they were mil surp fire starters but I could be wrong. They also worked slick.
Now, I hate to say it, with wife and I both working crazy hours in the summer I have to use a propane bar b que. In the winter when I actually have time it’s too cold to cook outside.
Although there is this guy in Mazatlan that does ribs... He works on them for two days. Best ribs on the planet. With a frosty Pacifico or five it makes for a great evening. That’s how I bar b que in the winter now.

I BBQ with lump charcoal and the best "Chimney" out there is the Oklahoma Joe's
starter. It's made out of Stainless Steel, (I think it's a 300 series) and it doesn't
rust like the Weber one and go away in one year! Very happy with how fast the
charcoal lights up! I use old newspaper, no race gas!

I hope, but know you're being sarcastic. I just use a charcoal chimney and some paper wads, been doing that for I don't know how long? Haven't used starter fluid since I started that.
Got the advice from Eddie Murray in video above years ago lol

When I was a kid in the sixties and seventies dad had one of those electric branding iron kind of thingies, worked slick. Haven’t seen one in years.
I used to have a stash of these little white cubes about the size of an ice cube, I think they were mil surp fire starters but I could be wrong. They also worked slick.
Now, I hate to say it, with wife and I both working crazy hours in the summer I have to use a propane bar b que. In the winter when I actually have time it’s too cold to cook outside.
Although there is this guy in Mazatlan that does ribs... He works on them for two days. Best ribs on the planet. With a frosty Pacifico or five it makes for a great evening. That’s how I bar b que in the winter now.
Exactly where in mazatlan???
You kill me with that pacifico beer, the reason I don't have that beer on my fridge is because I don't want to be an alcoholic.

Like this one? https://www.grillspot.ca/grill-spot...ping&msclkid=064d9a5bd1b8102a982dfa17dfea3413

If it's not Charcoal it's an outdoor cooker.
I always use lump charcoal in a chimney, to light four pieces of paper towel(2x2)in an x, fill with 1/4ish cup of sugar and twist like a garlic bulb, pour veggie or olive oil on it then light.
Try it, you will notice the difference

Exactly where in mazatlan???
You kill me with that pacifico beer, the reason I don't have that beer on my fridge is because I don't want to be an alcoholic.

In the strip of shops right at Punta Cerritos, there’s two restaurants. I think Mario’s is the place that has the guy do the ribs, but I could have the name wrong. Absolutely the finest ribs, ever. I don’t know of any way that they could be improved. When he fires up his cookers and gets going the whole neighbourhood smells of ribs.
Pacifico is my favourite beer of the types that are readily available. I like Modelo, also. I tried Tecata but didn’t like it.
I have a massive glass mug that holds three beer. I keep it in the deep freeze all night. After lunch I pour three beers into it and sit back and read by the ocean. I freakin’ miss that place.

Auto Transport Service
Back