• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And How do YOU Light the BBQ?

I do the Kingsford charcoal starter/metal chimney deal
with a lil' crumpled up newspaper & a match
in the Weber big kettle works for the past 43+ years now
why change ?

X2 . . . love it and no gas taste or lighter fluid taste on the food either . . . The chimney & newspaper - It's the BEST ! ! !

I looked around the house and found a piece of what may be discarded clothes dryer duct. I used that (a la Mexicana) for the "chimney". The first photo is an action shot (a little out of focus) taken as the chimney fell over to the left. I used super chunky mesquite pieces.

bbq chimney.JPG wiener 1.JPG wiener 2.JPG

If your gonna drink Mexican beer, Bohemia or not at all. Just my opinion.

I've been really enjoying unibroue terrible lately... A very flavourful Belgian style, but pretty strong so you can't have many.
upload_2021-3-12_20-51-39.png

Most Unibroues are strong, had the luxury of working for a distributor for 15 years. They were some of my favorites, can't remember all of them lol. The one with the devil on the label was awesome.

Screw it, tomorrow I'm firing up the grill. Got a 4lb tenderloin in the freezer. I'm gonna build some walls in the basement, drink beer and grill tomorrow.

If your gonna drink Mexican beer, Bohemia or not at all. Just my opinion.
I’ve never tried it, I’ll look for it next time I’m down. What part of Mexico is it from? Part of the reason I drink Pacifico is because it’s relatively low in alcohol. I drink these things from about 10:00AM until 10:00PM. If it’s too strong I’ll be napping by supper time.

I use the electric thingy, the branding iron, if I m around my house/power supply. We figured it up a few years ago, it was costing about a half a pennys worth of power for 10 minutes use. Out in the rough, I take the small torch with mapp gas......

I plug in my Traeger, fill the bin with pellets, and turn the dial to smoke.

I don't know how the maid starts the grill......LOL

Tank on, valves on, step back and push igniter with a broom handle. Open lid, see if I got the squirrel...

I bunch up 2 pc's of paper towel and pour some vegetable oil on it. Then I surround it with the charcoal like a pyramid. Light the paper. Works every time.

Auto Transport Service
Back