• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Bourdain won't be down to make breakfast

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide at the age of 61, CNN confirmed Friday.

The celebrity chef was the host of the network's travel food show, Parts Unknown, and was filming an upcoming episode France when he was found dead Friday morning.

Bourdain's close friend Eric Ripert, owner of New York City's famed Le Bernardin restaurant, found him unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.
Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide at the age of 61, CNN confirmed Friday.

'It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain,' the network said in a statement Friday morning.

'His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time.'

Bourdain was born in New York City in 1956, and was raised in New Jersey by Pierre Bourdain, a French music exeuctive and Gladys Bourdain, a staff editor at the New York Times.

He credited summers spent in France as a child with his obsession with food.

After dropping out of Vassar College after two years, Bourdain started working in restaurants on Cape Cod, eventually getting a degree from the Culinary Institute of America.

He went on to work in some of New York City's most famous restaurants such as the Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue and Sullivan's - before becoming the executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles.

Bourdain rose to fame in 2000, when he published his memoir Kitchen Confidential, which detailed his struggles with drug abuse.

He then became a household name by hosting such shows as A Cook's Tour and No Reservations.

Bourdain was married twice, and leaves behind a Ariane, born in 2007. Most recently he was dating actress Asia Argento.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5821039/Anthony-Bourdain-died-suicide-age-61.html

He was a liberal buddy of my other half. WTF.

He wont make "Last Call."
Rip

R.I.P.

The ultimate selfish act. Gotta find out he was terminal or something. Why else would a guy 61 with fame and fortune do this?

The ultimate selfish act. Gotta find out he was terminal or something. Why else would a guy 61 with fame and fortune do this?
Substance abuse and depression are the short answer. Compounded with possible financial problems.

You may be right on the terminal illness though.

I always like the shows where people go around the US and the World sampling different culinary fares.

I liked the guy.

Fame and fortune can take a toll.I have seen it before. The thought is "Is this it? Have I've gone as far as I can? Is it all down hill from here ? The mind can push some over the limit.

R.I.P. A little bit of a leftist at times, but I used to enjoy watching his shows.

RIP - I’m stunned. I really enjoyed his travel shows. Young, wealthy, apparently healthy, dating a young fox. I hope they spill the beans on why he did it. Suicide is so complex. You think these people have it all and then.......

What the hell? This dude was OK in my book.

Wonder how long it will take for CNN to blame Trump.

I never have heard of him until today. Not sweat off of my brow, who cares?

This guy had a way of bringing different cultures to our home. Ways of life that are way different . Great stories .

I never have heard of him until today. Not sweat off of my brow, who cares?
Obviously the folks who have commented on this thread cared, so we'll excuse your ignorance. BTW, being ignorant is not necessarily a bad thing. It just means you don't know, so don't be offended.

Auto Transport Service
Back