• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any RV/Camper members here?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
My wife and I bought a new camper a little while ago and while this is our 4th one we never covered them. We are looking to get a cover now and would like to get a good one first time around. I just think it will last longer as now like everything else they cost more than they use to. So that said looking for REAL world experience like a good company to deal with, a certain material that is better than others or options like zippers or straps etc…. Anyway this is it (I know the a/c cover had a cracked fin already replaced) and it’s dog approved!

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

Last edited:
Omar the Tent Maker? Lol!! Sorry, I’m no help here.

Long time Rver here. I'm on my 11th camper, and just got a new one within the past month. For years we were on the bigger is better, but now on downsizing mode.
To your point, most manufacturers and dealers don't recommend covering them. It is mainly for the idea they trap moisture and if not properly secured will mar the finish when they constantly move on the surface from wind.
I do think there are some well fitting, breathable ones available $$$$ but have never used one.
I would like to build a pole barn type building with open sides.
Get some good fiberglass wax on it twice a year especially on the front cap.

Long time Rver here. I'm on my 11th camper, and just got a new one within the past month. For years we were on the bigger is better, but now on downsizing mode.
To your point, most manufacturers and dealers don't recommend covering them. It is mainly for the idea they trap moisture and if not properly secured will mar the finish when they constantly move on the surface from wind.
I do think there are some well fitting, breathable ones available $$$$ but have never used one.
I would like to build a pole barn type building with open sides.
Get some good fiberglass wax on it twice a year especially on the front cap.
Yep we downsized too. 11 campers though holy ****. Anyway that's good feedback. I wish I could store it under a roof but not in the cards right now as I am putting a new roof on my house and garage in a few weeks. I am more worried about ice/snow on the roof and all the damn leaves!!! I live in the woods and it's messy to clean them after a winter here.

Last edited:
I counted them all, from pop-ups, travel trailers, 5th wheels, and now back to a 27ft travel trailer, lol.
If it no longer fits my needs, it gets replaced.
I have however kept my 2011 Ram Cummins for 12 years, and the Roadrunner for over 30.

Yep we downsized too. 11 campers though holy ****. Anyway that's good feedback. I wish I could store it under a roof but not in the cards right now as I am putting a new roof on my house and garage in a few weeks. I am more worried about ice/snow on the roof and all the damn leaves!!! I live in the woods and it's messy to clean them after a winter here.

I know its still more than the cover - but those RV garage ports arent too bad and would offer a bunch of protection in the areas you state.

I can say with mine, the sun killed it - all the seams and seals went to crap. Leaves on it, living in country too, were very hard on it as well. The plastic vents, all got super dry in the sunlight and eventually broke......snow probably wasnt great for it either :(

Subscribed! :popcorn:

My wife and I had a Coleman pop up camper when the kids were young (with A/C and a slideout, believe it or not!). My wife is retiring in November so we are looking to get a camper next year. We are gravitating towards a "couples camper" but definitely want a slideout. We have been looking at various models so I am in learning mode - hoping I can learn something here as I will need to store mine outside as well.

yes we have a camper and a toy hauler . i agree a rv shed is a great idea , i’m looking at one now . i’ve tried a few breathable covers but they don’t last , mostly due to wind and cold temps . we are currently using a heavy mill tarp till the rv shed arrives….

Subscribed! :popcorn:

My wife and I had a Coleman pop up camper when the kids were young (with A/C and a slideout, believe it or not!). My wife is retiring in November so we are looking to get a camper next year. We are gravitating towards a "couples camper" but definitely want a slideout. We have been looking at various models so I am in learning mode - hoping I can learn something here as I will need to store mine outside as well.
They have some big R/V shows during the year down in Oaks, Harrisburg and Hershey where you can see lots of models/set-ups. Our last camper was a big camper with a bunk house for our boys this one is a couples camper with room for them if needed. They are grown and don't go with us much so we bought this one. Find those dates for those shows they are not places that are that far from you.

yes we have a camper and a toy hauler . i agree a rv shed is a great idea , i’m looking at one now . i’ve tried a few breathable covers but they don’t last , mostly due to wind and cold temps . we are currently using a heavy mill tarp till the rv shed arrives….
Thanks for the info. I imagine those sheds have tripled in price too in the last 2 years like metal roofing. I will have to see what's around and if that's the way we go try for next year.

I had never gone camping til 2 weekends ago (did a 6 hour trip to pick up a '65 trans...) and we spent the weekend at camp teqenemon(can't spell it) in the UP in michigan.. i soo get camping now... everyone was sooo nice.. and i can't believe the sky when you are out of any populated area.. was just amazing.

Parents got their 1st camper in 1977, A class MH, 2nd in 1990 and last 1 in 1998, NEVER COVERED, but kept in sun to keep it "dry". I had pop-up, covered it Nov to March only, NOT A GOOD IDEA, held some moisture, BLEACH/WATER the heck out of it: 30' tt, never covered. Something to think about, WHO IS GOING TO HAUL COVER ONTO ROOF so you can cover it??? They are NOT light. Park it in sun, cover tires.
Had Maxxair covers for vents and crack vents open in winter & full open in summer.

Yup....like covering a car that's outside....not good. Do the camper 'port' instead. Have some neighbors and theirs is under a camper port (that's what I call them anyways) that has sides that come down enough to shade the windows and imo, that's a plus. Make it wide enough to help keep most of the rain from hitting it when it comes down at an angle. Also protect the tires with covers. Some just cut some plywood or something better to lean against the tires and use some type of bungee cord to keep them from blowing over so you are not constantly having to stand them back up. And if you put short sides on the camper port, install some vents on top to let the hot air escape.

I’m on my 10th camper now, most were fifth wheel and never used a cover. Mine don’t usually sit very long in one spot. My motorhome that I own now was four years old when I bought it and it looked almost brand new because it was stored under roof and enclosed on 3sides. Anyway, I have read about a company called adco and I googled it. Might be what you aware looking for.

I’m on my 10th camper now, most were fifth wheel and never used a cover. Mine don’t usually sit very long in one spot. My motorhome that I own now was four years old when I bought it and it looked almost brand new because it was stored under roof and enclosed on 3sides. Anyway, I have read about a company called adco and I googled it. Might be what you aware looking for.
Thanks I checked them out. That is what I was looking for as far as covers. BUT now I have mixed feelings about covering it all verses putting up an R/V car port. But I wanted the real world experience as I do see lots of them covered along with many in R/V ports and think they are being damaged more by covering them is a bit disturbing to say the least.

They have some big R/V shows during the year down in Oaks, Harrisburg and Hershey where you can see lots of models/set-ups. Our last camper was a big camper with a bunk house for our boys this one is a couples camper with room for them if needed. They are grown and don't go with us much so we bought this one. Find those dates for those shows they are not places that are that far from you.
Thank you! Yes, we went to the Oaks show last year - it was really nice to be able to quickly look at many styles of campers so we could start narrowing down the ones that we are more interested in. We plan to go again. Hopefully once we buy one we'll get it right first time!

Auto Transport Service
Back