• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any yellow or red and black B-Bodies that painted the bumpers?

That's the most likely way I'll go.
I'll check with TriCity so I can at least compare. I've already got so much to do, to pay for. I've already bought a LOT of what is about to be installed, but I still have some really important stuff to buy and install so I can actually enjoy going to the track again and do something other than spin my tires and make some beautiful noise.
Extremely nice car, bud. Painted bumpers on that car ? You should be slapped, lol ! Have a happy new year, everyone.

I saw a gorgeous custom InViolet 70 GTX on a Mecum auction. It was primarily InViolet, but it had lighter color ghost flames, and the front and rear bumpers were painted body color.
That and the thin chrome on my rear bumper made me wonder what my car would look like with satin black or body color bumpers, and I thought I might see some pix.
:p:fool::thankyou:

I’m gonna bounce out of this hoping you get your pics. I agree, I’ve seen a few bumpers that were painted nice myself. Even though, it’s not yellow. This might be something to shoot for.

9082E269-FC1B-4295-B358-EE97CB018523.jpeg

I’m gonna bounce out of this hoping you get your pics. I agree, I’ve seen a few bumpers that were painted nice myself. Even though, it’s not yellow. This might be something to shoot for.

View attachment 888537
THAT is the perfect picture to give me an idea of what options there are.
I didn't think about doing a "continuation" of the hood stripes, but that would look cool and be damn unique!
Picture continuing the yellow, and the black stripes...leave the black rubber bumper strips on? Or no?
20200101_023231.jpg

Last edited:
Painted bumpers on a car automatically make me think the guy couldn't afford to re-chrome. They usually look terrible. Saying that, the last few pics with the black stripes extended down do look pretty good. I'd still go chrome everytime though...

Lol.:poke:
I think I answered my question...:drinks:
Chrome it is then!:bananaweed:
I never liked painted bumpers.....Tri city plating would be your best option.....If in no hurry you cant meet them at a Mopar show and drop yours off and pick up.....

Your bumpers will cost more because of their size but you will have a lifetime warranty through them......

I know most people aren't into the painted bumper look on these cars, but here is a pic as requested. My chrome was the greatest on mine back in the 90's when I was looking to lighten it up a bit. Bought a set of fiberglass pieces and painted body color. I know it's a charger but maybe it will give you some thoughts. That is a very nice looking car you have.

36.jpg 38.jpg

I know most people aren't into the painted bumper look on these cars, but here is a pic as requested. My chrome was the greatest on mine back in the 90's when I was looking to lighten it up a bit. Bought a set of fiberglass pieces and painted body color. I know it's a charger but maybe it will give you some thoughts. That is a very nice looking car you have.

View attachment 888613 View attachment 888615
Charger looks nice that way.
Thanks for the pic

I've been thinking of doing that to my B5 '70 Charger, but I would never ever do it to a '70 Roadrunner.

Keep yours chrome @biomedtechguy or "maybe" a chrome wrap on the bumpers.

THAT is the perfect picture to give me an idea of what options there are.
I didn't think about doing a "continuation" of the hood stripes, but that would look cool and be damn unique!
Picture continuing the yellow, and the black stripes...leave the black rubber bumper strips on? Or no?
View attachment 888552
Exactly how the Bee looked every winter when it was a daily driver. Cosmoline on the bumpers every fall to stop the salt.

Exactly how the Bee looked every winter when it was a daily driver. Cosmoline on the bumpers every fall to stop the salt.
Thanks oldbee...
I don't think any state or local government where I live even has salt for the roads..lol
That's a great idea though!

I think you’re trying to make a car unique, that is beyond unique to begin with.
Hell, I take my car out and eye’s pop out of heads. These cars are so unique, your average person has never seen one in their life. Most people I encounter have to ask what it is. All B body guys experience the same. Regardless, of what a owner wants in his person car. Most onlookers, are hoping to see as many original looking features on a rare car as possible. Something that says to them, “ that’s what these cars actually looked liked. “ I try to keep mine close as I can for those reasons. To me, it’s not just what I want in my car. I try to give onlookers a little satisfaction too. Knowing most people around me, will never see a car like this again. I use the engine compartment and the wheels a little as my personal touch zone.
Nothing wrong with personal touches. Wheels and bumpers easily swapped out, etc. Bumpers, rare parts and parts that originally made these cars special from today’s cars. Are off limits to me.

Last edited:
They make aerosol cans of graphite black. It's not actual paint...its powdered graphite in a aerosol can. It's a very stealthy flat black. It sticks really well and water wont take it off...but use a little gas and a rag wipes right off. It's about the easiest to play with. It's not paint....certainly not permanent but can last for years...as long as you dont spill gas on it. Been tempted to paint a whole car with it...Lol...maybe it would make it go faster:bananadance:

My little touch is my fog light, orange high beams. I can swap them out in ten minutes, if I choose. With limited time and money involved. It’s my little touch that separates it from a 100 percent stock car. Even though, I aim to keep it that way. Aftermarket front bumper pictured. Extremely happy with it, $200. After I sold original. Why spend 1000-1500 ? Put that money somewhere else.

111A1B19-B091-41F7-8281-420CDC0C85FB.jpeg A14EB57E-0117-4008-89FF-812FFD85BD53.jpeg 5DA26C2A-FCFA-47F3-991C-4B65219A6088.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks oldbee...
I don't think any state or local government where I live even has salt for the roads..lol
That's a great idea though!
Well, my uncle used to mix a little gas with the cosmoline; almost a gold color, but a thinner consistency. Snow belt memories!

Auto Transport Service
Back