• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else into bicycles?

f4f16f12346a23a40ecc29d54a0f4d629dfd5ed3.jpg

I've told this before on another thread here
I did grunt work & mowed lawns, $5 per 8-9 lawns each week
in our court Cobblestone ct. Concord Ca. in 1969-70-ish
to by a 'Dragster' optioned Pea Picker Schwinn/Crate Stingray
with the ramshorn handlebars & full-length sissybar 5 speed
I worked all summer to buy it, did all kinds of odd jobs, collected bottles too
it was like $100 after options out the door

Schwinn Bike Advert. #1.jpg

Schwinn Krate bikes 5 speed Dragster models 1968 orange krate example OCR.jpg

Schwinn Stingray Krate-Bike Advert. #1.png

Schwinn Stingray Krate-bike Avert. #2.jpg

Last edited:
I remember my friend that lived next door to me got this when we were kids and we thought he had to be rich. This bike was bitchin!
1FF673FA1D224073B404162268E91849_zpsnfpl-1.jpg

I had a Pinarello 10-speed when I was a teen riding to school. All I have left is the frame...I've been pondering getting it rebuilt.

71 pea picker. So original it even has the 71 dated innertubes in the 71 dated tires, even the brake pads haven't been moved on the caliper arms. Truly my best original find on theses bikes so far.

s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg

Last edited:
Cleaned up, ready for winter cruising.

20201017_132139.jpg
20201017_132149.jpg

I remember my friend that lived next door to me got this when we were kids and we thought he had to be rich. This bike was bitchin!
View attachment 1014551
Thanks Hey-O!
I've gone through this thread several times looking for my favorite bike of all time.
I remember the shifter and apes but never the name "pea picker" "lemon peeler" "butt muncher" or whatever. I sort of thought it might have been "the chopper" but I seem to remember that being a 3 speed from Huffy with fat tubing frame.
When I saw your post, "Fastback" smacked me in the forehead like I just tuned it yesterday! That was better than 40 years ago. Mine was orange with metal flake.
I thought it was the coolest bike ever, be damned if I can remember what happened to it .... probably my drivers license!

I had a Pinarello 10-speed when I was a teen riding to school. All I have left is the frame...I've been pondering getting it rebuilt.
I have a Pinarello F12 and a Pinarello Disc FX road bikes. They are the best bikes in the industry.

Auto Transport Service
Back