• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of the windshield seal from a 2 door will work on a 4 door???

Bart K

69 Coronet more door.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
I called classic industries and they cannot tell me. I think I heard that the windshield and therefore the windshield gasket should be the same for a 2 door and a 4 door, but I believe the rear glass is different between to 2 door and 4 door.

What car are we talking about?

I have my original front and rear glass if you want to dry fit them and see

on 68 to 70 the windshield 2 door and 4 door are different

no

66-70 4 door (and sedan/wagon) specific windshield seals are available.

I got mine from ebay IIRC

wasn't too expensive either.

no

66-70 4 door (and sedan/wagon) specific windshield seals are available.

I got mine from ebay IIRC

wasn't too expensive either.
What is IIRC? I am looking and I am not seeing anything for a 4 door so far.

I just called https://www.justmopar.com/ Your source for mopar weatherstripping products ! And he tells me that a windshield seal for the 4 door is not made and he says to urethane the windshield in. WTF????

They are available, Just Mopar is predominately a retailer for the Metro product line which does not manufacture windshield or rear window gaskets. Precision offers the gaskets and I had them in stock up to the Carlisle and The Nats shows.

They are available, Just Mopar is predominately a retailer for the Metro product line which does not manufacture windshield or rear window gaskets. Precision offers the gaskets and I had them in stock up to the Carlisle and The Nats shows.

So exactly where can I go to buy one?

call Mega Parts. I think a 68-70 B Body convertible is the same as a 66-70 4 dr hard top. I reused mine when I installed my WS in my 69 Coronet 4 dr. I looked then and that is what I remember. lucky for me mine was really nice. Jammie at Mega will know for sure!!

The windshield classifications for the 66 to 70 B-Body applications are as follows:
66-67 B-Body 2 door hardtop is by itself

66-67 B-Body 2 door sedan, 66-70 B-Body 4 door sedan and wagon is by itself

68-70 B-Body 2 door hardtop and sedan is by itself

66-70 B-Body convertible is by itself

Thus four different part numbers to cover the various configurations.

The windshield classifications for the 66 to 70 B-Body applications are as follows:
66-67 B-Body 2 door hardtop is by itself

66-67 B-Body 2 door sedan, 66-70 B-Body 4 door sedan and wagon is by itself

68-70 B-Body 2 door hardtop and sedan is by itself

66-70 B-Body convertible is by itself

Thus four different part numbers to cover the various configurations.
Good information, thanks for that!!!

One of the ebay vendors is Van's auto, a respected Mopar parts dealer.

That is likely the one I bought.

Auto Transport Service
Back