• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what these are

cbodybob

Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
I took these in on trade yesterday. Guy said they’re magnesium. They have a steel backing that appears to be bonded to the outer wheel. There’s steel rods supporting each spoke. 14 inch & have Target center caps. Definitely vintage. I did a little reasearch & was able to find someone selling a pair of Target center caps just like these on Amazon for $45
Also they have recapped cheater slicks on them. Shades of my vintage tire on YouTube. I have a pair.
C2B81040-603A-4A3F-904F-CD1A7706766A.jpeg
C3EA661A-2436-442D-BE0B-96D61BEEEF3B.jpeg

They are rooted....that's what they are. :bananadance:

Gonna take a lot of time, money and effort to get those wheels back to looking nice again.

BTW....that tire in pic 1 looks like it might not hold air. :D

Gonna take a lot of time, money and effort to get those wheels back to looking nice again.

I run a auto cosmetic restoration business. I’ll get em looking nice. Thinking about putting them on the 66 Charger. Black steelies out back.

I run a auto cosmetic restoration business. I’ll get em looking nice. Thinking about putting them on the 66 Charger. Black steelies out back.
How bad is the pitting? I had a set of alloy Range Rover wheels many years ago, and they took a lot of work to get ready for powder coating again.

How bad is the pitting? I had a set of alloy Range Rover wheels many years ago, and they took a lot of work to get ready for powder coating again.
I honestly haven’t looked them over all that close. I imagine they are pitted badly. Yea it will take some work for sure.

I had a set of these on my 66 belvedere. They are Fenton Ram Rod's.
View attachment 1287518 View attachment 1287519

Found this article on American Racing mags and the knockoffs that were produced. In the article they show these wheels.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/ccrp-0605-magnesium-torq-thrust/
Well that answers that question. Pretty poor but typical article so often found in mainstream mags. And they wonder why their subscription rates have fallen so far. A cheap knock off of a popular wheel from a company that didn’t have enough sense to patten their design. Insulting the entire industry in one sentence. Yet then says disappointed these were the only ones at the swap meet. So now let’s criticize the swap meet. It’s their fault there wasn’t more cheap junk there for him to buy.
Anyway thanks for the info

I’ve plugged tires like that.

I like them rough just like my women .. Driven hard and

Auto Transport Service
Back