• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone notice overstock at the big stores?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
I was just at Walmart yesterday and 1/4 of the parking lot is full of shipping container assumed to be full of product.

The supply chain is getting caught up causing a new storage problem. Especially, when folks aren't buying stuff due to the recession.

i've noticed less choices of most products, where you used to have several choices now there will be one choice and so much of it that it will be stacked in the isles

I was just at Walmart yesterday and 1/4 of the parking lot is full of shipping container assumed to be full of product.

The supply chain is getting caught up causing a new storage problem. Especially, when folks aren't buying stuff due to the recession.

They are gearing up for Christmas.

All for naught. Spending will be way down this holiday season.
I noticed that today at my local Wally, they had pallets of stuff shrunk wrapped in the main aisles with a "Not for Sale" signs on them, had to at least be over a dozen of them. And the X-mas section? OMG, I've never seen so much stuff, they had more fake trees than a forest, let alone enough crap to decorate every one of them!!
Without going political, I have a feeling that regardless of the outcome of today's election, we will continue to see high prices for quite some time, including gas! I'm afraid to see what Lowe's looks like next week when I make my venture to the big town?

Black Friday really isn't that much of a thing, these days, due to Interwebz shopping. There used to be people that camped out in front of stores before. There hasn't been that in a few years around here, with or without Chy-nah flu present. I certainly never considered camping out for a chance to get trampled while rushing to get that cheap-assed TV that'll break before it leaves the store. Not me.

We are replacing the well-worn fake Christmas tree this year. Some prices have already come down. Perhaps I'll go to Lowe's and make an offer on the one I want. That tactic DOES work, even with the chain stores. Worse they can say is "no"...

Black Friday now starts in early November

Walmart started yesterday - Man if you needed a TV today WOW

Home Depot started Nov 1st - I picked up some great prices on tools and stuff for the garage as always

So your right in away , Black Friday isn’t what it used to bee

They should call it Black November

I am not complaining

I remember not too long ago Christmas commercials didn't start until the day after Turkey day.....

Same up here in my small city. I thought they were full of building materials for a construction project or something. I guess all those backlogged container ships finally made it through the Suez !!

Same up here in my small city. I thought they were full of building materials for a construction project or something. I guess all those backlogged container ships finally made it through the Suez !!
There's been container ships backed up off shore of the U.S. too! I know last month they were stacked up like crazy but have no idea what it's like now.

There's been container ships backed up off shore of the U.S. too! I know last month they were stacked up like crazy but have no idea what it's like now.
Something is moving. A couple weeks ago, from Barstow to Needles on I-40, I saw at least five 300 car container trains in transit.

Something is moving. A couple weeks ago, from Barstow to Needles on I-40, I saw at least five 300 car container trains in transit.
Yeah, things are moving but how fast. Haven't heard much on the news lately but on the other hand, I don't watch the news all that much.

My wife came home from grocery shopping two nights ago with a Lindt chocolate Gold Reindeer - my favourite.
I said they really are starting early this year. :lol:
20221109_171443.jpg

I had to do a double-take....thought it was an Easter Rabbit.

My wife came home from grocery shopping two nights ago with a Lindt chocolate Easter Bunny - my favourite.
I said they really are starting early this year. :lol:

Nah....just leftover stock from this year.
Check the freshness date. If they are a year old send them to A100. He could use some sweeting up.

Check the freshness date. If they are a year old send them to A100. He could use some sweeting up.
Oh it's fresh......she said it was an Easter Bunny - and they must have found a box in the back of the store......but it's actually this year's Gold Reindeer.

Expiry date = March 2023.

I'd send one to Jon, but we are not allowed to send food or chocolates in the post anymore. Stupid postal rules.

Auto Transport Service
Back