• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone own oldish Porsches?

I had the unfortunate experience of some "friends" letting me drive there 911's.. I was ruined for life afterwards as I had to have one.....After I moved to Florida, in 2012, I started looking for a 09 or newer ( not too new as I could not afford it) and ended up with the car in the Pic.. 08 650i... I like the BMW alot but I still check out the 911's as they go by...

DSCF0118.JPG DSCF0119.JPG

Having owned an early 911 and plenty of VWs I can tell you there is nothing VW like about the 911 when you drive one. Yes, rear engine, air cooled and the pedals but you know the difference between the two. The 911 flat 6 is a mechanical masterpiece. I built mine and hated to put it in the car. I just wanted to display it on the coffee table.

Following up on my two posts #49 and #66 regarding my orange 1970 914. When I re-painted it red, at the same time I added aftermarket 916 style fiberglass front and rear bumpers. The 916 was a 1972 prototype that never saw production.

Shortly after my 914 was painted red (now appearing as a 916), one lazy night I decided to leave the vehicle in the street instead of pulling it into my one-car garage in El Paso, Texas. I was pretty consistent when it came to parking it inside. Well, the next morning I found a brick sitting in the middle of the windshield (see photo). You can see my wife's green Mazda GLC in the driveway.

View attachment 981172

I do hope there is a special place in Hell for vandals.

Auto Transport Service
Back