• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running comp Xtreme energy 236/242 roller cam with tf240 heads

That's a healthy cam for street efi, with holley you must be using alpha n tuning during idle.

How is idle to 2500? Cruising? That cam/combo should pull hard above 3000.
What is Alpha N tuning? Fastman remotely tuned my car up to about 70-80% until I had an RFi problem that was caused my me which is now fixed. My car starts and idles great. The Sniper-X-Flo works awesome. I’ll never go back to carb, ever! My car pulls hard right out of the gate with the T-56 Magnum and 3.91 gears. Comp states at least 3.91 gears. Which my car came from the factory with.

Right here right here!!! I’m running the same cam with TF 240. T-56 Magnum. 10.7-1. Compression. Holley sniper X-Flo. Fastman can tune it!!! 12” of vacuum at idle with the sniper. When I had the carb on it, it only had 7-8” of vacuum. I went ahead and put a Vacuum pump on it anyways.
Who is Fastman?

I don't have a tachometer so don't know rpm at idle and never checked vacuum because I have manual brakes so it's not an issue but the thing is very welll mannered and streetable.
It is a street driven car and not a race car so not concerned with these things.
When putting this combo together I went with the parts recommended by Trick Flow for these heads on a 512 cu in.
Again very streetable and wasn't dinoed but has to be in the 600 HP range.
Do you have any videos of it idling? I’m building a 470 low deck block with 10.5 to one and this cam. Just like to hear the idle sound.

Do you have any videos of it idling? I’m building a 470 low deck block with 10.5 to one and this cam. Just like to hear the idle sound.
Here’s mine but with 1.6 rockers. Sniper-X Flo Efi idling at 900 rpm. It’s only about 80% tuned. 1 7/8 TTi headers and 3” exhaust. 3.91 gears T-56 Magnum 6-speed. It’s one of the quietest roller motors I’ve ever heard in terms of engine noise.

440+40. 900 RPM. It will not run correctly unless you get it tuned with a laptop. Don’t even think about it. I went fully Sniper Hyperspark pump in the fuel tank. 3” exhaust

Lots to be said for efi and laptop/remote tunes, and for street design low lash solid roller cams (.005"--.010" hot lash). For an apples to oranges comparison (non MoPar), custom 8620 cam core (also same core with gen 3 hemi w/LLR cam), I have a 235/244/114, 0.645"/0.623", 3600 stall. Morel lifters and Jesel shaft mounted roller rockers for accurate lash setting, quiet, amazing throttle response and power brakes. Heads 11.1:1 cr, aluminum full CNC 380cfm, stepped 409 stainless 1 7/8" headers and 409 stainless works retro chamber 3" exhaust, suspension modified.

I'm an end user and not an engineer, the above decisions were made many years ago by the engine builder and cam designer working together. :)

Back on topic to the OP's post, from another website is this thread many years ago regarding xtreme energy solid roller cam profiles;

Auto Transport Service
Back