• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Running Dakota Digital?

dodge68charger

Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Got Some Rtx Gauges For My 69 Bee.

I Saw A Article Where It Said To Tie The Red and Black Ammeter Wires Together Under The Dash.

Is This Correct?

Also Whats a Good Constant 12 Volt and Ignition Source Wire?

Thank You

Got Some Rtx Gauges For My 69 Bee.

I Saw A Article Where It Said To Tie The Red and Black Ammeter Wires Together Under The Dash.

Is This Correct?

Also Whats a Good Constant 12 Volt and Ignition Source Wire?

Thank You
Follow the installation instructions.
If you don't have a copy you can download them. I can't help too much because I had mine installed.

Is This Correct?
Yes, you will no longer have an ammeter, so tie those two wires together... otherwise your car will never start. With the DD package, you will have a voltmeter instead, which in my estimation is far more beneficial than the ammeter. USE A HEAVY SHRINK TUBE TO COVER THAT CONNECTION!!

I put my RTX package in this Spring, and I love it. Not one single gauge worked on my Coronet... now everything springs to life when I fire her up... and everything works! Money well spent!

Mopar Connection has a decent article on their DD installation on a 68 Coronet.

Gallery: Installing Dakota Digital RTX Dash Panel In A 1968 Coronet - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

If you decide to make a harness to plug into the factory connector, let me know, and I'll get you the link for the correct pins...

1690026296427.png

WOW!! When I finally received my RTX DD Rallye Guage system for my 70 Roadrunner, about 5 weeks after I ordered it, I was one of very few to have one, a pioneer! I even asked a tech support question about the A/F Ratio (x2) add-on modules' data being able to display on a smartphone or tablet as other parameters are able to be viewed in that manner. My Innovate Motorsports dual wideband O2 sensor system has 2 outputs available for external display, along with the supplied round dual band gauge. For those not aware, the RTX series has the ability to display data of your choosing on a smartphone or tablet, but it has to be the same data selected to display on the LCD panel(s) on the gauge cluster. This way I could monitor the A/F Ratio while under the hood, tweaking the 6 idle mixture screws on my 6BBL.
I had bought a VHX Rallye Guage system several years before from a local authorized dealer and got a great price, and by coincidence when the time to install it along with 2/3rds of the stuff in my signature had finally come, Dakota Digital introduced the RTX and so many of the upgrades and the capabilities were appealing for me I HAD to have one!
Outstanding choice IF the additional capabilities are useful, otherwise the VHX is still a good value.
As an added bonus, the gauges look so much like the factory setup, it's hard to tell when the unit isn't powered on.

What is going on lately?
There have been threads from members that are either new or ones that have lurked in the shadows for years.
CLEAR and HELPFUL advice gets posted and they are still lost.
Waddaya want....a group of "Garage Squad" FBBO members to swoop in and fix your car for you?
The advice has been given. The links to FBBO threads and other sources have been posted. If you can't follow what seems to be the simplest of instructions, why do you own a classic car?
Take your time, start the process and take notes of everything that you do. Take pictures. Log onto the site and ask questions.
When I see some apprehensive car owner continue to ask questions without actually digging in to the car on his own, I start to think that it is a waste of my time. Nobody here gets paid to help you. Nobody gets any money for the advice we give.
I'm no Bible thumper but many of the passages in the Bible are relevant no matter what era we live in.
Here's one: The LORD helps those that help themselves. I say, the same goes anywhere else. In my opinion, The FBBO members should help those that get off their butts and do their own work instead of looking for someone to hold their hand the entire way.
Good luck.

The FBBO members should help those that get off their butts and do their own work instead of looking for someone to hold their hand the entire way.
Well, there are so many different levels of capabilities, experience, and even "generational/environmental submersion" in all aspects of what it means to own these cars, and all of the different arenas in a car: electrical, mechanical, paint, body, suspension, original equipment or resto-mod "blending" of technology. Getting more specific there's air, fuel, ignition, etc.
I will say that while I don't disagree with your premise, I would like to believe that I have and will help to my best ability.
In the example of this thread, I have a RTX system, and I am very familiar with its capabilities, but limited in first hand installation specifics, BUT those are covered in detail by the manufacturer and they have free tech support, so I suggested that route.
Since my post, there have been a couple of VERY helpful posts, pointing to additional detailed sources of information.
I'm not being defensive either. If anything, I think anyone on the forum who has the time, knowledge, experience, and DESIRE to help should if they so desire AND what may seem "hand-holding" to some may be legitimate sticking points for the inexperienced or timid.
If you can't follow what seems to be the simplest of instructions, why do you own a classic car?
That seems to be a pretty harsh approach for the broad swath of "the public" who may have decided to INVEST in a classic car for whatever reason. Unless they have SO MUCH money they bought a classic Mopar for some reason that may seem shallow or unworthy of being in "our family", buying a classic muscle car whether it's going to take a LOT of money, time, and effort to make it road, track, show worthy or it was purchased "turn key" and ready to win or make a good impression, and all levels in between, spending that money IS an act of dedication. Given the shift in interest that different generations brings, AND the change in interest and monetary value as a result, I think we should try to help those who by their investment have added value to what WE have invested in. Another thing to consider is it's not much fun to have a brand, model, manufacturer, or era of car that few others care about and as a result there aren't many people who over time drive by or don't show up when we get together for a show or track day or whatever.
JMO

Auto Transport Service
Back