• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking your opinion; best wheel package for a 1970 Super Bee

Maybe I and everyone else can just take a step back from the heat.
I don't think any harm was intended by anyone, and I am going to leave this thread believing that.

Maybe I and everyone else can just take a step back from the heat.
I don't think any harm was intended by anyone, and I am going to leave this thread believing that.
The "heat" is Bob and yourself. On your way out please gather up Bob and close the door behind you. Thanks.

Not my car, but I sure like the look of the Cragar SS’s.

IMG_6978.jpeg

So many great options. I like slots on the '70 Mopars. Something like this style:

View attachment 1599914
Those are slots in my profile pic from back in the 70's. I have Torque Thrust D's on there now, but keep thinking about returning it back to the 'original' look since it had those on when I bought the car in 74 when I was 15 and ran that way for decades.

I prefer the dog dish. I didn’t spray the wheel the body color though. For me I like this look better and prefer to do something Ruth’s. Every other car. I get many many compliments on the set up. Even from guys who don’t like the dish

IMG_9102.jpeg

IMG_9095.jpeg

I prefer the dog dish. I didn’t spray the wheel the body color though. For me I like this look better and prefer to do something Ruth’s. Every other car. I get many many compliments on the set up. Even from guys who don’t like the dish

View attachment 1600847

View attachment 1600848
That wheel/hubcap combo looks fantastic on your car. It doesn’t work with every body colour but it certainly works with blue.

The "heat" is Bob and yourself. On your way out please gather up Bob and close the door behind you. Thanks.
It looks as if both Biomedtechguy and i are guilty of having both an opinion and expressioning it......ooopps...it looks like we've become guilty of a major felony......of speaking one's mind or offering an opinion.....gadzooks.....the "Thought
Police" (George Orwell's 1984) are after us.......
BOB RENTON

It looks as if both Biomedtechguy and i are guilty of having both an opinion and expressioning it......ooopps...it looks like we've become guilty of a major felony......of speaking one's mind or offering an opinion.....gadzooks.....the "Thought
Police" (George Orwell's 1984) are after us.......
BOB RENTON
Well BOB RENTON I think your a D***, just really didnt appreciate your comment about my car. SO were is the pic of your car? Do you own a car? Just didnt understand why you didnt let this go. DAVID

20220924_132301.jpg

imagejpeg_0(2) (1).jpg

P1020780.JPG

P1020782.JPG

dragweek 508.jpg

dragweek 514.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well BOB RENTON I think your a DICK, just really didnt appreciate your comment about my car. SO were is the pic of your car? Do you own a car? Just didnt understand why you didnt let this go. DAVID

View attachment 1601557

View attachment 1601558

View attachment 1601559

View attachment 1601560

View attachment 1601561

View attachment 1601563
Check out my car in the photo garage section as RJ's TOY. Its one of 678 built in November 1969 as a 1970 vehicle with the 6 barrel engine . 328 were auto trans and 350 were 4 speed cars. RS23V0A******. My car was one of the 350 built at the Lynch Road plant the 3rd week of November 1969. It has a working N96, 18 spline A833 trans, 4.10 Dana rear, A34 SUPER Track option, AM ONLY radio, PS/PDB, oil cooler on the PS PUMP, tinted glass, max cooling package with the #2998956 radiator, torque drive fan clutch assembly, Prestolite dual point distributor ( but incorrect plug wires), Tic-Toc-Tach, HD suspension, numbers matching Holley csrbs, etc....engine rebuilt @ 0.030" over, TRW 11.0 pistons, high volume oil pimp with full groove mains @ 0.0025", 0.0025" rod bearings (both are Clevite tri metal type), balanced crank, APR hardware holding it together, Mopar 292° 0.509 lift cam, Crane roller rocker arms, Flowkooler water pump........not too shabby looking...but that depends on the viewer......appraised @ 85k+...?......want to buy it???
BOB RENTON

Check out my car in the photo garage section as RJ's TOY. Its one of 678 built in November 1969 as a 1970 vehicle with the 6 barrel engine . 328 were auto trans and 350 were 4 speed cars. RS23V0A******. My car was one of the 350 built at the Lynch Road plant the 3rd week of November 1969. It has a working N96, 18 spline A833 trans, 4.10 Dana rear, A34 SUPER Track option, AM ONLY radio, PS/PDB, oil cooler on the PS PUMP, tinted glass, max cooling package with the #2998956 radiator, torque drive fan clutch assembly, Prestolite dual point distributor ( but incorrect plug wires), Tic-Toc-Tach, HD suspension, numbers matching Holley csrbs, etc....engine rebuilt @ 0.030" over, TRW 11.0 pistons, high volume oil pimp with full groove mains @ 0.0025", 0.0025" rod bearings (both are Clevite tri metal type), balanced crank, APR hardware holding it together, Mopar 292° 0.509 lift cam, Crane roller rocker arms, Flowkooler water pump........not too shabby looking...but that depends on the viewer......appraised @ 85k+...?......want to buy it???
BOB RENTON
1706752074404.gif

View attachment 1600847

View attachment 1600848
As most people on here know, I am not a fan of dog dish hubcaps on Mopar muscle cars. Your car would look much better with Magnum wheels, they go really well with the blue and black combination. If you want your Road Runner to look like a Belvedere, then you have achieved success. I want a Road Runner to look like a Road Runner. Just my opinion. When I had my 70 V code, 4 speed Road Runner, I ran 15x7 inch rallye wheels on it.

20230125_105806.jpg

Last edited:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TOTALLY UNQUALIFIED OPINION.....you must be a member of opinion police. Perhaps we should compare total net worth.......???
BOB RENTON
Fair play Bob, you can be a bit of a dick sometimes...
This thread was going nicely about wheels, then you jumped in with both feet and insulted everyone with a 70 Superbee for no reason at all, then got all pissy when you got called out on it.

Someone asks what carb to use and you give a 2 page essay on flow rates, thermo-dynamics and the molecular structure of gasoline when all you had to say was "750 Double Pumper".

Now you want to compare net worth? WTF?

You're clearly an intelligent man, but maybe not street-smart, another Young Sheldon.

Just my opinion of course...I actually enjoy your posts, apart from the last few.

Auto Transport Service
Back