• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking your opinion; best wheel package for a 1970 Super Bee

I LOVE the old one piece daisies. When people see the prices asked for the new repop two piece daisies, the originals go way up in price too.
Only problem is, the old ones tend to not have enough backspace. Makes finding a tire that fits kinda hard. Sevens fit easy, eight and a half's, not so easy.
Those above look like tens or twelves..... and they look like they only fit narrowed/tubbed.
Exactly why I bought the 2 piece I have on my charger. 15x10’s - 4.75” backspace with a 28x12 rear tire. (You can order whatever backspace you want). They fit in the wheel well but the originals looks nicer then what I have. But I always wanted the daisy’s so that’s what I bought for my car.

IMG_3995.jpeg

Exactly why I bought the 2 piece I have on my charger. 15x10’s - 4.75” backspace with a 28x12 rear tire. (You can order whatever backspace you want). They fit in the wheel well but the originals looks nicer then what I have. But I always wanted the daisy’s so that’s what I bought for my car.

View attachment 1540127
I LIKE your daisies! I ordered a pair of custom shop tt2's, two piece like you, to get the backspace I needed on 15x12s. I wish I had ordered the daisies, but I don't think I knew they were available then, (or maybe they were just too much $$$, I don't remember which, lol)
I have six of the original one piece daisies, two 7s, and four 8.5s, but they all need restoration and polishing, and I can't justify the expense, cause the 8.5s won't fit on the car I want them on, with enough tire to look right.

Keystones for me; followed by Magnum 500s. Natural aluminum TTs, TT D's, and the Daisy wheels are also what I would use if that's what was here and in the right sizes. IMO, old school Mopars deserve old school wheels - no modern styles, nothing bigger than 15". Having said that, every car presented in this thread is beautiful in its own right. Owners should be very proud of what they have created.

To piggyback on the suggestion to paint the steel wheels & scoops body color; if you're going away from the black wheels & scoops, I would also change the bumble bee stripe to white to coordinate with the interior and vinyl top. No poverty caps. This might be your least expensive way to transform your car. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will bring you miles of smiles.

My .02
When I got my 71 Charger R/T in 78, at 16, I really liked the "5 spoke" look, like factory Magnum wheels, and that's what was on my R/T.
I didn't like the Rallye wheels.
Now? I LOVE the Year One aluminum Rallye wheels, but NONE of the larger than 17" diameter Rallye wheels because it distorts the style too much, takes it too far away from the factory wheel look.
To answer your question: Centerline spun aluminum look, or a "5 spoke" look, like factory Magnum wheels, Keystone, Cragar SS, etc.

IMO.......I prefer the '70 GTX......PERSONALLY....I think the '70 Dodge R/T and Super Bee front end assembly looks/is tackey looking.....the GTX just looks cleaner and less busy......but I own a GTX.......
BOB RENTON

IMO.......I prefer the '70 GTX......PERSONALLY....I think the '70 Dodge R/T and Super Bee front end assembly looks/is tackey looking.....the GTX just looks cleaner and less busy......but I own a GTX.......
BOB RENTON
Well with the 70 Bee you either love them or hate them.

BOB RENTON
Hey, in this thread, we were having an intelligent conversation about wheel and tire combinations.
Perhaps you and your opinion can wait outside until we're done. Thanks.

Wheel style is obviously a very personal choice. For me, I want some sidewall on the tire, so I refer 15" rims. I went with the Road Wheel / Magnum 500 style. 275/60R15 on back and 245/60R15 on the front. All four rims are 15" x 8" with 4.5" backspacing.

View attachment 1537207

View attachment 1537208
Your car looks great. Do the fronts ever rub?
Cheers

So many great options. I like slots on the '70 Mopars. Something like this style:

usm-u10115006135_tm_xl.jpg

Could not go wrong with any of these. Rallyes, Road Wheels, Cragar SS, Keystones, Torque Thrusts.

Hey, in this thread, we were having an intelligent conversation about wheel and tire combinations.
Perhaps you and your opinion can wait outside until we're done. Thanks.
That is rather over the top.
Who made you topic adherence police?
Sometimes adding a post that may be somewhat off topic leads to a better on topic post.
Sometimes a forum member has an idea that reading a thread makes them think of, so they post it.
At least the post @RJRENTON made didn't interrupt the rhythm of reading the thread.

Sometimes adding a post that may be somewhat off topic leads to a better on topic post.
Sometimes a forum member has an idea that reading a thread makes them think of, so they post it.
At least the post @RJRENTON made didn't interrupt the rhythm of reading the thread.
Thank you.....
BOB RENTON

I think the point was we were talking about wheels ON A 70 Bee and not about if BOB RENTON likes or thinks about the car.

I will flip it the other way. I personally love the looks of a 70' Coronet/Super Bee. No matter what wheels and tires are on it.

Nobody made me the police but he called my car tackey and bragged about his in the middle of my unrelated post. He was obviously looking for a response with a statement like that.
He got one.

Nobody made me the police but he called my car tackey and bragged about his in the middle of my unrelated post. He was obviously looking for a response with a statement like that.
He got one.
To quote or perhaps paraphrase Forrest Gump......"..life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you'll get..." or beauty is the eye of the beholder........or in this case, the owner......
BOB RENTON

Maybe when they were sticking that pinky ring on your right hand Bob they should have gave your some tact as well !

Auto Transport Service
Back