• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assassin or Caltracs traction bars? Everything else but DA Viking shocks will be Calvert.

Your a funny guy!:lol:
Wish I had a race budget so I can get to the track! Ultra-wealthy??? Pass that this way:fool:
Yes I have the Crusaders that took a while to save for but any decent shock will get a workout unless you tie the car to the trailer or flatbed.Fancy hooks??? How 'bout some angle iron with a hole cut with an oxy/acet torch?
Try talking to one of the shock makers and see what they say........:poke::drinks::usflag:
I'm trying to cut weight, ain't no angle iron going near my boat!!
I just ASSumed a man of your resources could find a couple holes in the frame to tie down to.
I think the guy I talked to at Viking was Chris, he's the one that said back the valving off and essentially the shock would be not wearing out while trailering, or don't worry about it at my settings.
One things for sure, a guy sure doesn't want to pay to get his expensive shocks rebuilt, they were no where in the budget, but man do they work well.

Ok from the center of the spring eye bolt to the bottom of the front bracket is 6 1/2".
On my car, it's 8" from the bottom of the bracket to the ground.
My car currently sits 8½" from the center of the front spring eye bolt to the ground.
The Caltracs bars are 5" down, Assassins are 4 ½" down, and Caltracs low profile are 3 ½" down.
I'm ordering the Assassin bars tomorrow.
I'll never have a shorter tire or sidewall than I do now.
My choices between the low profile Caltracks and Assassins leave me with 5" or 4" of clearance to the ground, respectively.
20200205_150829.jpg

Have you seen Nick's Garage's latest video on rear suspension?

Watch out for those low spots on the off ramps, btw.

My choices between the low profile Caltracks and Assassins leave me with 5" or 4" of clearance to the ground, respectively.

That's more than my oil pan has:lol:

Carlisle 2019 007.jpg Carlisle 2019 010.jpg Carlisle 2019 378.jpg

That's more than my oil pan has:lol:
Right?!
I think my Doug's electronic cutouts are closer to the ground. I'm used to being aware of those, and they have scraped my trailer where the ramps meet the main floor of the trailer. I won't ever have a smaller diameter wheel and tire combo than I have now, so I think I'll be OK.
Here are the links to a short but VERY informative 3 part article on the Assassin traction bars. I want all of you to read this so when I have questions, you all can offer informed assistance! Lol..:poke:
:bananadance: :lol: :thankyou:
Part 1:
https://www.racingjunk.com/news/201...dvanced-hi-tech-assassin-traction-bar-part-1/
Part 2:
https://www.racingjunk.com/news/201...ced-hi-tech-assassin-traction-bar-part-2/amp/
Part 3:
https://www.racingjunk.com/news/201...dvanced-hi-tech-assassin-traction-bar-part-3/

I have -1" split mono''s on the rear of my Challenger. My car sits nice and low for having a 30" tall (315/60 D/R). My caltracs are not the lowest portion of my car. The mufflers/turn downs are. Straight off of the collectors from big tube Hemi Headers.

IMG9505671.jpg 20160713_164732.jpg 20160713_164800.jpg

My caltracs are not the lowest portion of my car.
Your car looks great, and it looks like a BEAST!! What does it run in the 1320?
Thanks. That is very helpful information!
I ordered the Assassin bars today!

Auto Transport Service
Back