• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Bodies of the Hot Rod Power Tour 2023

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Well the "X" and I made it home after a pretty outstanding Hot Rod Power Tour this week. The weather could not really have been more perfect for summer in the south. The only particularly tough day was the fourth day going into zMax Dragway in Charlotte. Lots of cars got punished by the heat and terrible route design. The GTX started shutting down on me in the last quarter mile of that entry, presumably due to vapor locking, not overheating. I nursed it back to health over night and it was back to normal for the final leg to Bristol. I concentrated my trip on the cool mornings each day which made for some pretty spectacular driving. I also managed to run into FBBO's own @HawkRod on the first day and @70bigblockdodge at Rockingham. Needless to say, that Sublime RR is fantastic.

I have a ton of pics I could share, but I'm going to just concentrate on sharing some of the B-Body pics (including of my own X) that I got during the week. I will also throw in a few other random pics (including the celebration at the end). This will probably be spread out over a few posts on this thread.
IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited:
I like that one of mine in the mirror. I'm assuming that was before the "Duke boys" passed you? You should have stopped and had a beverage.
Congratulations on long haul gang!

@1969VAGTX Your car is an absolute gem! What's not to like about a stunningly restored Hemi GTX?!? I'm glad I was never directed to park next to yours or no one would have given my car a second look! :thumbsup:

Having said that, @70bigblockdodge orange 68 Charger is awesome in another way. It is a patina car, but the thing flat out WORKS! What an awesome and cool car to cruise around in!

Thanks for all the pictures. I guess I should add some here (for those that have been following my HawkRod Power Tour thread you may see some duplicates).

It was also great to meet several FBBO folks. I have to admit, being a novice with the Power Tour, that I felt a bit overwhelmed at times, especially on Tuesday coming in to the fairgrounds. Doing the Power Tour is an overload to the senses!

Camping Saturday Night:
20230610_190854.jpg

20230610_193803.jpg

20230610_204710.jpg

Driving to Atlanta on Sunday.
20230611_120727.jpg

Atlanta Motor Speedway:
20230612_091546.jpg

Speaking of reflections...
20230612_115530.jpg

20230612_120035.jpg

This thing has a pretty quick LS in it - it kept up with Challengers on the drag strip!
20230612_124253.jpg

This rat rod had so much ingenuity. Hard to see but it had mason jars of "moonshine" as part of the intake manifold...
20230612_124809.jpg

....and check out how they designed in the tail lights. Flat out cool.
20230612_124911.jpg

If I had paid more attention to the itinerary of that tour, Fred and I might have come for a visit at Bristol...
although he and I both don't get along with hot temps and backups, I imagine spectator accomodations
might have been different than participants?

If I had paid more attention to the itinerary of that tour, Fred and I might have come for a visit at Bristol...
although he and I both don't get along with hot temps and backups, I imagine spectator accomodations
might have been different than participants?
There are different areas for spectator parking (it's hard enough for them to get all the long hauler and participant cars parked), but that's all.

Next year, the Power Tour should start in Bristol. There is, of course, the long hauler pass that means you will do all 5 stops. However, you can get single and multi-day passes. Parking will still be in the venue itself. So you could do a one day pass and park in the venue with Fred.

Do it, you won't regret it!!! :thumbsup:

It's on my bucket list .

Need more early b-bodies on the road...... add some style to the event :)

Auto Transport Service
Back