• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body head rest removal

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
What holds the posts for '68 - '70 B body head rests in the seat backs? What's the best way to remove them?

I have a '69 Super Bee with a bench seat and want to remove the headrests to recover them.

Thanks,

Gravity I think. Unless everyone I have had was screwed up. Just a good tug and they should come out. But I can't be 100% certain of that.

Seems strange to think they're just jammed in there. Then again, it's a Dodge.

Headrests

They are just pushed in and they can be a booger to pull out. There is some spring clips on the seat frames that hold them in place and they can be tough to get them to move some times. You may have to spray some oil are something on the shafts and let it run down in there to get them loose but they will come out. Good Luck Ronnie

I removed my bucket seat headrests today using the oil down the posts and let soak a few minutes. I pulled up and down a few times and they popped right out. And my nuts are OK. Thanks okiemopar for the tip.

I found this photo on FABO:

Headrest Post Inside Seat.jpg

I just rebuilt my bench seats on my 68 roadrunner. the clip (spring steel) is a little different, but it just goes into a small detent slot on one of the rods. I would do as others have suggested with some wd40 spraying down the rod. only one of the rods has the detent. yes, slide the headrest down and just quickly yank it up and it will come out.
PT in Tennessee

Auto Transport Service
Back