• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

Heck, who wouldn't stop? I sure would! Looks great!

You ought to add a toilet to the inside of your house. The port-a-potty outside must suck.

You ought to add a toilet to the inside of your house. The port-a-potty outside must suck.

EVERYONE has commented on the porta potty, particularly on my facebook page. The neighbor is having a room addition done so that is there for the contractor employees.

What is a Facebook?

What is a Facebook?

I was wondering the same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

WOW that car looks awesome! Great to hear your down to the final details on the tuning with nothing but pure enjoyment just around the corner, enjoy the fruits of your labors or should I say headaches haha. Very nice

You guys can NOT be serious about not knowing what facebook is.
1st big trip this Sunday headed to Mopar Alley show. Can't wait!

I am so jazzed about this car FINALLY. It has exceeded every expectation I had going in (including the time and money to build it, imagine THAT!)
VERY quiet as I have mentioned elsewhere. Handles like a slot car, the ride is smoother than my 2013 Chrger Daytona, I think mostly because I can adjust it and I can't do that on the Charger.
BEST news of all.....first fill up which was 95% freeway miles I got 26 MPG!!!!!! I still have some shift point tuning to get through but I think it will improve when I get it really dialed in.
A very respected long time Mopar guy told me at the show it is the most perfect Pro-touring effort he has seen. I prejudicedly agree with him of course but I have the advantage of getting to drive it too so I am even more biased!
Worth every penny and minute!
BTW, a participant judged show and I took 2nd place next to a near perfect 70 GTX restoration, it was a beautiful car!

Darius - I'm in awe of the car that you've built ! If you took second to a restored GTX, then that car must have really been off the scales incredible ! Congratulations on the 2nd place - that is a feather in your cap for the fantastic job that you'be done on the car.

If my car can turn out half as good as yours did - I think I would be a very happy camper here ! ! !

Best of luck on the future fine tuning and I follow your updates to see how things are going for you ! !

Congrats, sure makes you feel good and well deserved! You really pushed the limits with your interior and everything else on the car to come out with one seriously sweet ride. Like you I'm blown away with the ride quality of these old cars but didn't go as far as you did with the suspension or anything else for that matter. I put another hundred miles on it today smiling ear to ear jamming to some good classic rock, love it! Enjoy your Summer!

I am so jazzed about this car FINALLY. It has exceeded every expectation I had going in (including the time and money to build it, imagine THAT!)
VERY quiet as I have mentioned elsewhere. Handles like a slot car, the ride is smoother than my 2013 Chrger Daytona, I think mostly because I can adjust it and I can't do that on the Charger.
BEST news of all.....first fill up which was 95% freeway miles I got 26 MPG!!!!!! I still have some shift point tuning to get through but I think it will improve when I get it really dialed in.
A very respected long time Mopar guy told me at the show it is the most perfect Pro-touring effort he has seen. I prejudicedly agree with him of course but I have the advantage of getting to drive it too so I am even more biased!
Worth every penny and minute!
BTW, a participant judged show and I took 2nd place next to a near perfect 70 GTX restoration, it was a beautiful car!
View attachment 262331

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

My first MAJOR repair!!! When I was modifying the heater box from the Charger I had to remove a large plastic extrusion that was part of the mounting location for installation in the Charger. When I did that I BARELY nicked the gas line and it would not hold pressure.The dash had to come out and we all know that means the windshield had to come out...ARRRGGGHHHH
Anyway, the Vintage Air handler will be better as it will provide more room up there for better ducting.
I also discovered a rat has found my garage and likes my engine compartment! I have lived here for 17 years now and have never see so much as even one rat turd! I have no idea where he came from. Chewed the foam under the engine cover and chewed the insulation off one of the injectors. What a pain! WAR has been declared and there are several large rat traps with peanut butter around the garage while the car is in the shop!

Vintage air install.JPG

this sucks! Goodluck with the job and the rat!

Darius, I don't envy your repair job - what a pain in the arse!

My car is down for the count as well with the transmission out for repair. Oh well, I guess this goes with the territory. Now I just need to fix my dumb mistakes on my tranny and get this thing back on the road!!

Good luck with your repair and I hope it goes easier than expected...

Hawk

This is actually a good thing. While it is a major pain in the *** to have to tear this thing so far apart again, it forces us to do some things over and those functions will operate a little better. It also allows us to change a few things I wasn't completely happy with anyway.

Got all my problems squared away....well, we all know they are NEVER completely done, but nothing major remains anyway.
Just spent the weekend at Sacramento Autorama and got another class participant award..not sure what that really means. They have a very strange classification process and THEY tell you what class you are in. Mine was "Semi-hardtop" anyone care to even try to explain that?? You should have seen the ones in "Conservative hardtop"!!!!! Anyway, I had WAY more fun talking to people about the car than any award could deliver.

Forgot to mention that I installed HID headlights.....holy ****!! it is like driving in daylight, awesome mod !

Got all my problems squared away....well, we all know they are NEVER completely done, but nothing major remains anyway.
Just spent the weekend at Sacramento Autorama and got another class participant award..not sure what that really means. They have a very strange classification process and THEY tell you what class you are in. Mine was "Semi-hardtop" anyone care to even try to explain that?? You should have seen the ones in "Conservative hardtop"!!!!! Anyway, I had WAY more fun talking to people about the car than any award could deliver.

Forgot to mention that I installed HID headlights.....holy ****!! it is like driving in daylight, awesome mod !

It was great meeting and talking to you, Your car is amazing.. The way they sandwiched you in that lousy spot wasn't cool... It's also amazing that a huge car show like that and there were only a handful of Mopars there..

CbLUTFKUAAQC0NG.jpg

hey darius, i got the rms front with full hotchkis rear, I'm about to rip out all the hotchkis rear. is the street lynx rear just as nice the front. do you think it hooks up better. just want your opinion. I'm itching to pull the trigger. thanks usarr

glad you got everything squared away, all the time you got invested finally paying off. who ever says they don't like it is jealous as hell. its a beautiful car, its a mopar, its a HEMI. yeah!!!!! nice job.:hello2:

Auto Transport Service
Back