• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

hey darius, i got the rms front with full hotchkis rear, I'm about to rip out all the hotchkis rear. is the street lynx rear just as nice the front. do you think it hooks up better. just want your opinion. I'm itching to pull the trigger. thanks usarr

glad you got everything squared away, all the time you got invested finally paying off. who ever says they don't like it is jealous as hell. its a beautiful car, its a mopar, its a HEMI. yeah!!!!! nice job.:hello2:

I LOVE love the 4 link which gives me coil over adjustability. This car really is a slot car. I had the complete Hotchkis system on my 69 Dart GTS and it was pretty bad *** as a complete system but I am really happy with the suspension system on the GTX. I gave this sucker a HARD work out on a very long ...100+or- miles....winding twisting hilly road and it stuck like glue. I had previously been able to drive around enough to get the ride height where I wanted it and the recovery adjustment on the QA1 shocks to the comfort level I liked. Great set up.

- - - Updated - - -

It was great meeting and talking to you, Your car is amazing.. The way they sandwiched you in that lousy spot wasn't cool... It's also amazing that a huge car show like that and there were only a handful of Mopars there..

View attachment 307453

It was a pretty lousy location as far as being able to see all around the car goes. Lack of Mopars is typical at this event, maybe 10-15 total out of what...600 cars?? That 68 real Hemi 4speed RR won for best restoration and it deserved it, what an awesome car. The 69 Super Bee won it's class ( don"t remember what the called it) and the black 70 Coronet took 2nd for restored (beat by the 68) and it won 1st for best restored interior. So even tho there were few there the did well in the prize dept. I just don't think those judges have much for the Pro Touring thing yet, there certainly wasn't any class for it.

well alrighty then guess what I'm ordering in the near future, lmao thanks darius

Just got back from a drive....:love4::love4::love4::yes::yes::yes::yes:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Darius, great read ! I was a little Leary when I saw you were doing all this to a gtx but MAN!!!all worth it in the end ! Freekin AWESOME job! I'm actually considering this for my 69 runner but kinda hard to let go of my 440

Darius, great read ! I was a little Leary when I saw you were doing all this to a gtx but MAN!!!all worth it in the end ! Freekin AWESOME job! I'm actually considering this for my 69 runner but kinda hard to let go of my 440
I got a ride in it last fall.....Badd to the Bone......firm, flat. I do however love the torsion bar front end, so much travel....if i get my B bod coro, the *** is getting a MKVlll IRS in subframe...B is 59" track, linkin is 60" working in favor of offset.
Darius's car IS Badassed....to the Nines........a fast carver

I just got back from a very awesome week of nothing but car!! Great romp down the California central valley on back roads with Dennis H,Coronet RT, Dwayne, Roadrunner with built 440, John, 68 Barracuda with EFI. MANY miles over 100mph. Went to the track at Willow Springs on Thursday and played there all day. Friday was Malibu cruise and picture car warehouse, Sat was show-n-shine and Bobs Big Boy in Northridge, Sunday was judged show...2nd place in B Body Modified! Monday drove to Vegas for 18 hot laps at the Motor Speedway, got to 141mph!!( This was in the Richard Petty car) wed was a 9 1/2 hr drive home.
1650 miles all told, never got that beat to death feeling that comes with the older suspensions AND...I averaged 18.6 MPG over the entire trip. On some legs I got as much as 24mpg!

TOTALLY worth the time money and effort!

A note about the car, there are only 5 original pieces of metal left on the car I started with it was that rusty! I figured I had open range so I went for it!

I just got back from a very awesome week of nothing but car!! Great romp down the California central valley on back roads with Dennis H,Coronet RT, Dwayne, Roadrunner with built 440, John, 68 Barracuda with EFI. MANY miles over 100mph. Went to the track at Willow Springs on Thursday and played there all day. Friday was Malibu cruise and picture car warehouse, Sat was show-n-shine and Bobs Big Boy in Northridge, Sunday was judged show...2nd place in B Body Modified! Monday drove to Vegas for 18 hot laps at the Motor Speedway, got to 141mph!!( This was in the Richard Petty car) wed was a 9 1/2 hr drive home.
1650 miles all told, never got that beat to death feeling that comes with the older suspensions AND...I averaged 18.6 MPG over the entire trip. On some legs I got as much as 24mpg!

A note about the car, there are only 5 original pieces of metal left on the car I started with it was that rusty! I figured I had open range so I went for it!
Be Proud Main, Hell of a job Darius, so bummed i didnt get to see You Mopes this time......got some drama happening, having to reconoiter the program.......back to blocking on the 62 Grand Prix for a while, hard *** car to shape, all the reverse peaks are a muther.....harder than the 59 post chebbie i did.....theres a hair puller.
Maybe ill get the Dodge Fireball 22' running by fall roll around......least its a Mopar.....hook the chop up to the back. Best to You, bc

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I got a ride in it last fall.....Badd to the Bone......firm, flat. I do however love the torsion bar front end, so much travel....if i get my B bod coro, the *** is getting a MKVlll IRS in subframe...B is 59" track, linkin is 60" working in favor of offset.
Darius's car IS Badassed....to the Nines........a fast carver
LUCKY!!!!! man I would love to take a ride in that car or even drive something like that! If that were to happen I just might try and go down that road, although I really dont have the checkbook to support it lol

bladecutter, I was taking to a local lincoln salvage fella and he said he would GIVE me a 9'' and 4 link with discs , I'm thinking I could make my own bars and use his as a template of sort , maybe good thing he likes me!lol

bladecutter, I was taking to a local lincoln salvage fella and he said he would GIVE me a 9'' and 4 link with discs , I'm thinking I could make my own bars and use his as a template of sort , maybe good thing he likes me!lol
I have a suggestion, what i will do if i can orchestrate a B Coro project....linkin MK Vlll donor...the IRS is in a subframe...B is 59" rear, mk vlll is 60"....working in favor of offset.....i'll use eng & trans too....the 4.6 4 cam aluminum has very strong aftetmkt....many hipo goodies, can weber up of several choices of carburetion, and efi stax kits avail, to replace fomoco unit, and msd has multiple eng mngmt choices. In ford dress, the engine only weighs 450 lbs....shed a good 30 lbs, gettomg rid of some of the boat anchor accessories.
I did a lot of road straightening with all 3 of my past, bone stock 318 B's, killed a chp one night on nor cal 1, above golden gate w my 69 coro hdtp....He was in brand new 82 mopar police interceptor. I mean i blitzed this Guy.....said He had been driving that swing beat for 25 yrs....never had so much fun! Getting His *** handed to Him andvHe was loving it.....cant fade the 116/117" wheelbase.......i am quite fond of the torsion bar front, so i would, do fabbed cntrl arms, heim located.
My illusion fo mopar. I know that the idea of ford power probably ruffle up purists some....and the 5.7 aluminum is a bitchen motor, but the fomoco IRS.....a no brainer. 4 mounting pads and two spring perches(replace bags w coils).
In a perfect world, but i got my hands full w the chopped bug for now......hope to make hot august nights w it in prime.
Thing w mk vlll's is You can pick up clean, clean turn key cars between 2k & 3k easy, shop hard, 1500. There's still a bunch out there, but are becoming increasingly popular for projects. Good luck & have fun with Your ride RR.......bc

Darius, im behind, so maybe a stupid question,,,,,what calipers You using....OEM? Bendix? Kelsey Hayes, or have You gone with upgrade kit like wilwood, brembo etc.? Your car at Willow Springs must have been a Ball!

I have everything STOCK off of the 07 Charger, whatever the factory was using in 07 for disc brake set ups on Charger R/T's. I'm sure we looked at that but that was a bunch of brain cells ago Bro;-)

I have everything STOCK off of the 07 Charger, whatever the factory was using in 07 for disc brake set ups on Charger R/T's. I'm sure we looked at that but that was a bunch of brain cells ago Bro;-)
Dig! So are they mutiple piston cals or single piston floating cals?

Awesome thread. Thanks for sending to me.

Darius, Most complicated build that I have ever seen. My favorite part is the blue underneath. Congratulations, Wayne

Auto Transport Service
Back