• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

A 70'telescoping tilt tower for my Ham radio antennas and everything bit takes to install it all. Probably some more radios and an amplifier.

It has become VERY difficult to see such an investment do nothing for me. Someone is out there who will get much more out of this than I am.
Rarely are these custom builds a "sound" investment. Most of the time, they are money pits.
Wait awhile. The Covid thing will end and we will be back driving these cars like before.

A 70'telescoping tilt tower for my Ham radio antennas and everything bit takes to install it all. Probably some more radios and an amplifier.

are you broadcasting content and if so it better Mopar related....maybe just buy an iPad and make a podcast?

:praying:

watermelon

Always good to see another fellow ham operator on B Bodies. But hate to see you give up the car.

I'm a ham operator too. I pull it out of the fridge, get the knife out and operate on it, put it back in the fridge, munch away. LOL!:rofl:

I was thinking about getting started in the HAM radio scene just the other day. Funny it should pop up here right after that...must be a sign. HAM operators will be the only ones who know what the hell is going on around the world after the lid blows off of things..

I was thinking about getting started in the HAM radio scene just the other day. Funny it should pop up here right after that...must be a sign. HAM operators will be the only ones who know what the hell is going on around the world after the lid blows off of things..

You done broke the code Ghost! Last summer I was talking to Patagonia! from my gold claim "retreat". 50amp hour lithium battery and a solar panel system to charge it with, all VERY portable!

Well, 8 months on any web site I could find to advertise on ( except the thieves at ebay or dicks on craigslist)and only ONE serious inquiry, a dude from Germany who absolutely wanted it but would never get it past German import issues, I have consigned it to Mecum in Las Vegas. 9 October lot # 152, apps 2:30 pm. That is my birthday and all I want is someone with a lot of money who likes Mopars to be there!

all signs point to you being a Mopar B-Body owner for a while. not Bad Company by a few on this site…

if you traded up to a Viper ACR of any gen you’re still OK in my book.

watermelon

Great build !! Great looking car !! oct 9th is tomorrow . got butterflies yet? LOL
hope you get a great price on it!

well Happy Birthday Darius!

8B415B4D-E27E-49A3-B42B-07659B2D7426.jpeg

watermelon

Sold, $51,000.
Hard to believe it didn't go much higher.

My mistake was not having a reserve, although I don't think a reserve would have got a much higher bid, maybe a few grand. It takes someone with a slightly different view of these cars. As I was approaching the block,( they let me drive it across) several people just opened the passenger door too look and one even said "that is weird, what is that dash out of?" I suppose it was just the day as on Friday a nicely restored 70 GTX went for 92k.
I was a nervous wreck. Bottom line is I have $50k more in the bank than I woke up with yesterday.
People ask why did I sell it, well, time and interests move on. I put gas in it twice in the last two years, I know a lot of that has to do with the Covid bullshit but other things as well contributed to the decision. If I had that car since I was way younger like many of you I am sure it would have been different to me. It was a challenge for me to do something I always wanted to do and I finally got to the point I could take it on.I learned a bunch and made a lot of new friends. The car got a LOT of attention everywhere I took it. I put a bit over 15000 miles on it in the 5 years I had it on the road and most of them were in the first 3. It won plenty of awards including Sacramento Autorama first place as well as a first ,second, and others at all Mopar spring fling in So Cal. I drove it hard too. A couple of days at Willow Springs and several runs at the Sac Raceway.
I have no idea who bought it. I suppose if I was a LOT more in to the car auction trade I could have done better.
In the end , I got to do something many just think about doing and it was an interesting experience. NO, I am not going to build another one, I value my marriage too much;-)
Thanks for all of the support you all have given me! It was a fun ride and one of the most interesting Birthdays I can remember.

Last edited:
My mistake was not having a reserve, although I don't think a reserve would have got a much higher bid, maybe a few grand. It takes someone with a slightly different view of these cars. As I was approaching the block,( they let me drive it across) several people just opened the passenger door too look and one even said "that is weird, what is that dash out of?" I suppose it was just the day as on Friday a nicely restored 70 GTX went for 92k.
I was a nervous wreck. Bottom line is I have $50k more in the bank than I woke up with yesterday.
People ask why did I sell it, well, time and interests move on. I put gas in it twice in the last two years, I know a lot of that has to do with the Covid bullshit but other things as well contributed to the decision. If I had that car since I was way younger like many of you I am sure it would have been different to me. It was a challenge for me to do something I always wanted to do and I finally got to the point I could take it on.I learned a bunch and made a lot of new friends. The car got a LOT of attention everywhere I took it. I put a bit over 15000 miles on it in the 5 years I had it on the road and most of them were in the first 3. It won plenty of awards including Sacramento Autorama first place as well as a first ,second, and others at all Mopar spring fling in So Cal. I drove it hard too. A couple of days at Willow Springs and several runs at the Sac Raceway.
I have no idea who bought it. I suppose if I was a LOT more in to the car auction trade I could have done better.
In the end , I got to do something many just think about doing and it was an interesting experience. NO, I am not going to build another one, I value my marriage too much;-)
Thanks for all of the support you all have given me! It was a fun ride and one of the most interesting Birthdays I can remember.
Great way of thinking about the whole thing. I always said that my 2015 drive across country was awesome, and if my 70 was destroyed during that drive then so be it (luckily it wasn't). It would still have been worth it and you can't beat memories like I got from that trip.

You made some great memories and some friends too. Hope you stick around the forum for a bit. Either way, wishing you all the best!

Hawk

Last edited:
Gonna miss touring the West with the Blue Car. Los Angeles. Palm Springs. Vegas. Virginia City. Reno. Box Canyon! Overnight at the Saltan Sea. Willow Springs. There is more. Much more. Priceless memories on the road in the best of company.

0D1E9B2F-50C9-485D-AD4A-2091C73E77AC.png

Auto Transport Service
Back