• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to the windows

GTX.JCW

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Finally, I sent the last piece to the chromer yesterday, and I noticed that the vent window frames that hold the glass is missing the plastic channel that is inserted in the frame.

Does anyone have a source for that piece? I need them for both. I have checked the major online stores and no joy.

The next question is am I better off swapping the glass out of the existing frames, or just installing new glass?

Thanks

Jeff

Original thread : http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?38407-Need-a-source&highlight=need+source

A photo to help

Here is a photo of what I am attempting to get a little help on..

Is the plastic that goes in there the only attaching method?

Jeff

vent window2.jpg

the plastic is the insulator between glass and metal. there was / is a bit of chaulk adhesive also 'holding' glass tight. that piece would also be in some 4 door vent

Now, where the heck do I find a couple of new ones?!?!

Jeff

Now, where the heck do I find a couple of new ones?!?!

Jeff

What you'll want to use is glass setting tape. I believe the thickness you'll want is 3/16" but I'm going from memory. Just measure the inside width of your chrome channel and subtract the thickness of the glass. Then divide by two. You'll fit an oversized piece of tape around the bottom of the glass then firmly press it into the channel. Then trim of the excess tape

What you'll want to use is glass setting tape. I believe the thickness you'll want is 3/16" but I'm going from memory. Just measure the inside width of your chrome channel and subtract the thickness of the glass. Then divide by two. You'll fit an oversized piece of tape around the bottom of the glass then firmly press it into the channel. Then trim of the excess tape

Which you can get at any good glass shop.

Thanks for the input. I will check out local glass shops and see what they can do for me..

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back