• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale

fwi

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Anybody watching? Looks like they have quite a few Mopars listed in the docket.

CROOKS!

That whacky VP Steve "I'm Cool" Davis with his sunglasses on!

I hate Barrett-Jackson, but I will watch the Cars.

Yeah, lets watch them prolong the hammer on a 6 minute bid on a Resto-Mod "RED" 1969 Camaro hovering somewhere North of $85K while Steve Davis says: "Uh...I don't think you know what we have here...it's worth a lot more money..."

CROOKS!

That whacky VP Steve "I'm Cool" Davis with his sunglasses on!

I hate Barrett-Jackson, but I will watch the Cars.

Yeah, lets watch them prolong the hammer on a 6 minute bid on a Resto-Mod "RED" 1969 Camaro hovering somewhere North of $85K while Steve Davis says: "Uh...I don't think you know what we have here...it's worth a lot more money..."

FYI ................Steve has an eye disease and has to wear them all of the time.

Not a fan of B-J anymore. Mecum definitely has better Mopars and other muscle cars. I think B-J caters more to the euro and custom crowds.

Sorry BUT I disagree somewhat with allot of the negative opinions here

I watch & I like Barrett Jackson auctions too, Quality cars & No-Reserves 99.9%
I just don't fall for all the sales hype, consigners love it thou, I love all the cars too...
Quality builders & consigners, not all are Hi-$$$, there're also great bargains early on,
lots of great auto-memorabilia, great food, great staff too...
Pretty much only reason to watch on TV, is the cars, but it's far better in person;
Probably the best car-show let alone & an auction you'd ever attend...
If you haven't gone, make it a point to go at-least 1 time, you won't regret it...

IMO Far more than what you only see on the TV...

My $0.02 cents

I love BJ...and Barrett Jackson aint bad either. :D

I wish i had cable, used to watch it every January. Wonder what Mopars will sell.

I watch the auctions but it doesn't take long for the abba-dabba-dabba style auctioneers to get to me.

They've created an environment there to whip up dumb people into a frenzy to overpay. How else do you explain $75k for a 77 trans am & yes, $100 k for an 80 trans am !!! Those cars were, and still are, slugs.I wouldn't pay 1/3 those prices for that garbage. I worked on that junk back then. And my 318 Satellite was faster.

Agree on the T/A s. Especially since Gas Monkees sold an S/D 455 for 45k Monday night. A lot neater bird.

There was a 65 Coronet Hemi AFX reproduction that went for around $47K today..
I wonder if the guy with the long gray hair, that sits next to Steve Davis will cut it again during one of their "charity" offerings this year.

68 Charger- they mentioned (eventually) that the car VIN was 383-2 and the pistol grip wasn't available in 68, but they introduced it as "an R/T model", and never went back to say it wasn't.

They spend 10 minutes on SS badged chevies explaining "no harm, no foul" (which I disagree with), and whether they have paperwork for the engine option...

X2 Rick, If I really need a car auction fix I will DVR the show and fast forward through it until I see something interesting.
I watch the auctions but it doesn't take long for the abba-dabba-dabba style auctioneers to get to me.

Was that the black one? Nice looking car. I agree, they make mistakes, everyone does, but they should correct the info when possible. I have seen these mistakes on other shows on our Mopars- a few times calling a 68 charger a 66, one time a Plymouth a dodge (not Al Bundys Duster but that's another one haha), and a 67 dodge a 68. Sometimes I wonder if those are typos by the non car guy tv studio people writing the prompt cards and none of the car guys or gals on the show notice and correct them. Seen it on cable tv show descriptions also many times.

Right before that black charger they had a clean example of one of my favorites go for $44k, a 1966 Dodge Coronet post car 426 hemi 4-speed in a cream color. Great looking car and not a bad price!

image.jpgimage.jpg
68 Charger- they mentioned (eventually) that the car VIN was 383-2 and the pistol grip wasn't available in 68, but they introduced it as "an R/T model", and never went back to say it wasn't.

They spend 10 minutes on SS badged chevies explaining "no harm, no foul" (which I disagree with), and whether they have paperwork for the engine option...

image.jpg image.jpg

THIS ^
all they do is deceive people into buying cars,Period.
and yet,their sales are then looked upon as the Foundation for pricing for our cars.
Absolute Rubbish,and Greed combined.

Auto Transport Service
Back