• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery charger recomendations.

GMP440

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
My 35 year old Shauer battery charger and boost starter finally stopped working. Asking for recommendations from others here. I am not looking for a battery tender or maintainer. Looking for a battery charger with a meter and jump start capability. Thanks.

I like the Schumacher 200 amp.
Not the digital but the one with the timer dial.
10 - 40 and 200 amp boost.
If you see a die hard brand at auto zone set up the same way it is built by Schumacher.
I ordered mine a year back,
Just me but I don't care for the digital ones.

Depends on what king of batteries you are going to charge. Flooded lead acid old school batteries most chargers are fine. AGM and lithium ion take different chargers.

I like the Schumacher 200 amp.
Not the digital but the one with the timer dial.
10 - 40 and 200 amp boost.
If you see a die hard brand at auto zone set up the same way it is built by Schumacher.
I ordered mine a year back,
Just me but I don't care for the digital ones.
Thanks for your input. Can you post a pic of the charger you have? Thanks.

Thanks for your input. Can you post a pic of the charger you have? Thanks.
20240224_182145.jpg
20240224_182325.jpg
my old one was a napa , same basic set up lasted for a long time , finally gave up.
I ordered this one through the dreaded Walmart on sale for 169.00

I have a 40 year old Schumacher roll around. Still works great on 6 or 12 volt.
For my agm, I use a cheapo hf, cost 30 bucks. I think with bidumbflation, it's now over $50....

Auto Transport Service
Back