• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BB engine mounts for a 68...what am I missing.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Guys, these mounts were listed as what is needed to install a 440 back into a factory 440 68. Checking them out today I don t see how they bolt to the block...are these correct or am I missing a go between part.....thanks......
IMG_0177.jpg

And then it should drop right onto the K-frame once the brackets and mounts are bolted to the block so long as the car has a V8 K-frame in it. If it came with a 6, you're gonna have to do different brackets or swap out the K-frame or do some welding.

I got a 440 car one time that had a /6 K-frame in it. Someone needed the V8 one I guess. Did you see the recent post where a guy had 7/16ths" lug studs on the front end of his B body car? My deal happened 30 years ago lol

If he needs a v8 k I have one but it’s for a 66/67 probably would work but not year correct.

Thanks much Guys, posting those pics helped a lot. Figured is was missing something. BeepBeep, I have a homemade engine break in stand and now know what needed to mount the 440 in the stand from your pixs. Awesome ....

And then it should drop right onto the K-frame once the brackets and mounts are bolted to the block so long as the car has a V8 K-frame in it. If it came with a 6, you're gonna have to do different brackets or swap out the K-frame or do some welding.
Not always. I leave them finger tight and that allows the engine to move around a bit while I check it with a level.....before securing it all down.

Auto Transport Service
Back