• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere Project Update

reeltime, I tried to get that thing to work, just continued to give me problems. Borrowed engine builders Quickfuel 1050 two circuit and it ran perfect, so I ordered one. Only cost me $200 to exchange it. Maybe it was just me, see if I can get the new one dialed in.

Hey Mike, thanks for the pictures. I do not have the shroud with my setup so I called BeCool and asked them if I could order it. Just ordered a Quickfuel FX 4700, 1050 to replace three circuit dominator that was giving me problems (The FX 4700 is a 2 circuit). Mike, what thermostat are you running and what mix of coolant?

Plum...I just bought a BRAND NEW Holley 1050 Dominator from Summit. I bought the 2 circuit. I dont have it on yet.
In regards to your question: I DO NOT run a thermostat and I run water only, no coolant. Temps are fine at the drags, even when it is hot. When I do sometimes drive it on the street and if it really hot out...the temp gauge does go to about 210 but my engine builder says that should hurt nothing. I dont drive it on the street enuf to worry about it.
I dont run antifreeze (coolant) because the drag strips only want you to run straight water so if you overflow they are not trying to clean up antifreeze. Termostat is not important to me as car heats up to normal operating range just fine in the staging lanes without it.
Again....great build....you should see 10.50's with no sweat at the track....I wish I had your heads, cam and headers.
I have INDY heads but they only flow around 300 and I have a flat tappet cam (283@50) with about 620 lift after calculating in my 1.6 roller rockers and only 1 7/8 Hooker headers. My ports on my heads and Intake are non-max wedge. I just bought a Victor 440 Single plane with a 4500 to 4150 adapter to use with my new 1050. I have a 4.30 Dana and 28 tires. l will finish my "tuning" using my 850 Demon with the new Victor 440 Single plane intake and hopefully get it down to around 10.80 to 10.85. Then I will put on the 4500 to 4150 adapter and my new Dominator and hopefully then get it into the 10.70 range. First outing will be Feb 20, 21 at the 2 day test & tune at Famoso prior to the big March Meet on March 2,3,4, and 5th, then on to Las Vegas March 23,24,25 and 26th for the Mopars at the Strip (Mopar Nationals).

I run a Northern (generic Summit aluminum 2 core) with a pair of fans from a late model Dodge Challenger from the scrap yard. The fans will mount with two simple pieces of .030" aluminum and some 1"x 1/8". Screws are yet to be installed in the pics. Work very well, cheap.
Doug

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 363
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 351
Mike glad you got a dominator should help your 10.50 combo! I just got my new Quickfuel installed yesterday. Can't drive it yet need to get new Derale Hyper Cool Extreme trans cooler plumbed wired and installed. I'm thinking about mounting it to rear of the car. Doug that looks like a very nice setup and prob would have saved me some cash! Thanks for the pictures. Mike or Doug either of you have a rear mounted trans cooler?

image.jpgimage.jpgPlumwagon I read earlier that you where throwing Belts at higher RPM's... Check out this pulley system by CVF Racing, it's about 1 1/4 inch thick Made In USA !

Last edited:
Thank you Sir !! No Shame I'm Trying to Keep up with the Big Dog in Ahwahee...Lol !!

QUOTE=Mike Gaines;
MoparCrazy....You should be ashamed....you have way too much good stuff on your car.

Moparcrazy thanks for the pictures! I need that setup! Googling it now!

IMG_2575.jpgIMG_2577.jpg

New project completed. Rear mounted Derale trans cooler. Its a 40 row stacked cooler with an 800cfm Spal fan. I ran -6 hydraulic hose line from the trans to the cooler and covered the first few feet of each hose with Thermo-Tec sleeve. Pictures are poor but it was dark when I finished.

Plum...I want your car...you are doing a FANTASTIC JOB....Can't wait to hear your 1/4 mile results...

PS: Are you running 6AL lines to the Dominator or 8AL and...where did you get those long red Fuel Bowl Fuel Line Inlet Fittings....from who, part # and price...I want those also.

Thanks Mike! I ran -8AN fuel to the Quickfuel/Dominator. And sorry those fittings came with a 995CFM Demon/Dominator I still have sitting in the garage. I will try and find the part numbers for you on Summit, and let you know.

That trans cooler set up really turned out nice Plum. Good job!

Plum Nice setup ! and what a great idea.. i too have that cooler but wasn't sure where too mount that bad boy !! i have a 65 Satellite and would love to see if i can fit it where you did...are you going to the spring fling this year..if so, sure would to check out that car !!

Thanks Mike! I ran -8AN fuel to the Quickfuel/Dominator. And sorry those fittings came with a 995CFM Demon/Dominator I still have sitting in the garage. I will try and find the part numbers for you on Summit, and let you know.

Thanks malex! moparcrazy you should easily be able to fit it where I did. Let me know if you want any further details. Not sure I will make it this year to spring fling, maybe fall fling depending on work schedule.

Thanks to moparcrazy, I ordered and installed 8rib serpentine belt setup from CVF Racing. It not only stays on at 7k RPM, it also stopped my overheating problem. Photos are poor, but it looks really nice when running. Taking it to Westech Performance Chassis Dyno in the next few weeks, then should be good for a first test and tune track days with the new motor!

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

I want YOUR car.

Please take some updated pix of your motor and post them on this thread. I want inspiration to spend more money on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back