• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best quotes and sayings about car racing

My first wife would scream if I gave it 1/2 throttle and that was with a 70 Challenger with a 330 horse 383 that felt like 230 horse! Well, maybe not that bad but my 92 5.2 Dakota was faster and it only ran a 15.30.

Jay Leno...
"My name is Bob Riggle, and I'm 80, and I'm in Irwindale".

Saw that episode and thought 'oh no' but knew there was a good cage in it but still. That's still a beating.....especially for older farts. I rolled a go cart when in my mid 40's and that hurt for awhile. Never heard so much banging of steel on concrete in my life but never heard my head banging on concrete at all! And that's my personal quote lol

Never Lift

/'nev-er /./lift/

to keep one's foot firmly planted on the accelerator with complete disregard to the possible outcome; can often end with catastrophic results, but with proper execution has been known to create legends.

374e07b9b783809339e695c8d53379e3eae5b891.jpg

Driving charger when I was 16
Me...
"I got a ticket for exhibition of acceleration"
Dad...
Was it a good one?

My sons used to race Legends cars, then late models, I was a wrench and wallet.
2 things I told him,
1) “I pay for your front bumpers, you pay for your rear bumpers”
2) “last lap, turn 4, three wide, don’t lift”
Best years of our lives
upload_2021-11-26_15-21-12.jpeg

Who said ..... we're lighting the candles & putting this week in the books?​

Pour the juice in it
You just french fired your tires
Question: what rpm are you turning
Answer: i don't know to busy holding on.

My wife’s asks,
Is my car as fast as your GTX?
I answer,
Honey, yours is sexy fast, mine is violently fast

You know your fast when the guy your racing tells you you have a brake light out.

if you can't run the number, grab the shoe polish from the tool box and change the number to the number you can run.

if you can't run the number, grab the shoe polish from the tool box and change the number to the number you can run.
Had a small aluminum box that sat between the seats and that's where the shoe polish stayed. Could change it before getting behind the burnout box if needed but most times didn't have to....and don't believe in sandbagging.

Auto Transport Service
Back