• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bleeding brakes on modern cars

I love having Mary's help when it is time to bleed the system but sometimes she is busy with work or making my dinner like a good woman should.

01 face 11.GIF

I do like the convenience of this:

22 4 VC.JPG

22 4 VF.JPG

Hey...I do make dinner sometimes too. Being retired, I've also taken on a greater share of the housework.

Last edited:
Gotta add that the ABS system in my 95 Dakota is on the left side....but I disconnected the ABS computer a very long time ago and got rid of that pulsating pedal and it works just like a 'normal' brake system works now. I hated that pulsating BS crap! It always made me take my foot off the pedal like there was something wrong. Don't know if the newer systems have the pulsating pedal and hope they don't because the early system sucked big time.

My 2007 does. It makes a repetitive clicking and pulsating feeling as it locks/releases/locks. Mine is rear wheel only, I had a 2006 4WD that was 4 wheel.
You can defeat that ???

My 2007 does. It makes a repetitive clicking and pulsating feeling as it locks/releases/locks. Mine is rear wheel only, I had a 2006 4WD that was 4 wheel.
You can defeat that ???
Not sure....but with mine, all I had to do was disconnect the puter in the right side foot well panel. I'm thinking that the newer vehicles make it tough to disconnect stuff like that. I want to kill the 'ding' sound in my girl friend's trunk whenever I get in it as it's loud to my old ears. Ain't no way I want a new vehicle because of crap like that!

There should be at least 1 fuse in the system that solely is for ABS. There are often a few more shared ones.
Or just unplug a wheel speed sensor.

anti lock brakes came out in the 80s...... I never changed the way I bleed brakes, and never had an issue

Auto Transport Service
Back