• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Block # gurus...

Definitely an "R"

20210129_124510.jpg

Being a "regular gas" engine....im thinking im going to find some "in the hole" dished pistons if it was a stock rebuild

383 made in Trenton, assembly date October 6, 1967. Unfortunately, with the R stamp and no HP on the pad, it is a lower horsepower motor.

Again...if stock...that means...what?
Dished pistons at .021ish...lousy cam..weak springs...right?

I don’t know what the difference in pistons valve springs cam etc are. I do have the power specs. 383 two barrel 9.2 compression, 290 horse, 390 torque. 383 4 barrel, 10.0 compression, 300 horse, 400 torque. 383 4 barrel HP, 10.0 compression, 330 horse, 425 torque

Ive heard from many sources those were a little inflated...ill see what i find when i crack it open and measure

Now i just gotta figure if im going to use it as my Big Block band aid to get me through till i can build my 440...or sell it on to help fund the build.lol

Thats Headley!

Scuse me while I whip this out

Badges? We dont need no stinking badges

Hey where all the white women at

Auto Transport Service
Back