• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books

steve from staten island

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Anyone read anything good lately? Any favorites. Ive read a lot of Grisham and Patterson and for Christmas my wife bought me "Killing Reagan" by Bill O'Reilly. Recommendations???

I just read this book..........

51bMaafRkLL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There's a series of books from Daniel Silva - about 10 books long. Excellent reads. I can't hardly wait until the next comes out. You don't have to start at the beginning to enjoy ay of the books. He writes about the Israeli Moussad and them stopping terrorists - not always after - just try one of them like I did. I read Moscow Rules the. Looked to see what other books he wrote and went back and started at the beginning. They're page turners and not overly complex but very engaging. Go to your local library. They'll carry his books.

I just read Kicking and Dreaming by Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart. I'm about to start Crippled America - Donald J. Trump

The Zero Sum Game by Randy Lee Bisbee. You can usually get a copy from Amazon or any of the online sellers. Or, any Robert B Parker books or Stuart Woods books.

Most recent read for me was "The Last Stand" about The Battle of the Little Big Horn. I'll read nearly anything about that, The Alamo, or The 300 Spartans.

Right now I'm reading:

GUADAL-CANAL

Written by: Richard B. Frank

I just finished:
"A History of United States Naval Operations in WWII"
By: Samuel Eliot Morison, Rear Admiral, United States Naval Reserve (July 9, 1887 – May 15, 1976)
I read volumes 1 through 4
He was commissioned by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to write a history of United States naval operations in World War II, which was published in 15 volumes between 1947 and 1962

Yes Bruzilla, I know...what's a US Air Force retiree doing reading a bunch of books on America's World war II in the South Pacific?

- - - Updated - - -

Most recent read for me was "The Last Stand" about The Battle of the Little Big Horn. I'll read nearly anything about that, The Alamo, or The 300 Spartans.

Fascinating story but with controversy.
The "Last Stand"
By Nathaniel Philbrick

After reading that book I question why the United States of America was able to honor Custer with a National Park!
Especially on a Indian reservation in Montana
Crazy Horse and the "United" Indian nations
Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho tribes along with Sioux & Blackfeet

Right now I'm reading:

GUADAL-CANAL

Written by: Richard B. Frank

I just finished:
"A History of United States Naval Operations in WWII"
By: Samuel Eliot Morison, Rear Admiral, United States Naval Reserve (July 9, 1887 – May 15, 1976)

- - - Updated - - -

Fascinating story but with controversy.
The "Last Stand"
By Nathaniel Philbrick

After reading that book I question why the United States of America was able to honor Custer with a National Park!
Especially on a Indian reservation in Montana
Crazy Horse and the "United" Indian nations
Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho tribes along with Sioux & Blackfeet

I read most of Morrison's volumes and, while dated and incomplete in many areas due to info available when it was written, it is one of the significant series on WWII.

I read Frank's book on Guadalcanal and highly recommend that book for a great overview and analysis of the battles. It's one of the better ones I've read. If you haven't read Downfall, a discussion on the end of WWII, also by Frank, I would recommend that one also. I do like his writing. Also recommended is Hammel's three volume series on Guadalcanal. One volume each dedicated to the land, sea and air battles on and around the Guadalcanal area.

Check out McGaa's book on Crazy Horse and Red Cloud: Warrior Chiefs. http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Horse-C...958&sr=1-1&keywords=Red+Cloud+and+Crazy+Horse . McGaa is a Sioux and veteran fighter pilot from the Vietnam era. He discusses Crazy Horse, Red Cloud and their battles from the Sioux, and a warriors, perspective. If your are truly interested in this book, I'd send you my copy to read.

I also recently read 50 years on the Frontier by Cook, a friend of the Sioux in NW Nebraska. http://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Years-Old-Frontier-Ranchman/dp/0806117613 Later in the book is a nice perspective on Crazy Horse, Red Cloud, Fort Robinson, the Red Could agency, Wounded Knee and some other events of the era.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read Kicking and Dreaming by Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart.

I read that one last summer. There were a lot of things in the book I never knew. Some of it was not surprising but some was such as the extensive drug use by the Wilson sisters especially Ann.

Recent books
Killing Patton
Things That Matter Charles Krauthammer
Killing Jesus
Killing Lincoln
Legends & Lies

These are all decent & informative books
American Heritage Dictionary, it's very useful...LOL

I prefer more in the lines of these now...
I have decent library
{well had anyway, I actually gave a bunch away to my nephew & some young racers etc.}

some that aren't as automotive savvy also may honestly actually consider many of these

How to Flow & Port Test Cylinder Heads
How to Super tune & Modify a Holley Carburetors
How to rebuild High Performance Manual Transmissions
How to rebuild & Modify Carter/Edelbrock Carburetors
Turbo Real World Turbo Performance
Turbochargers HP Books
Performance Fuel Injection Systems
B-Body Performance Upgrades
Designing & Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems
Performance Automotive Engine Math
Chassis Engineering
How to Build High Performance Ignition Systems
How to rebuild Small Block Mopar
How to build Big Inch Small Block Mopars
The Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual
How to Build Big Block Mopars I,II,III
HOW TO modify your Mopar Magnum V8 I,II
The Chevrolet Racing Engine by Grumpy Jenkins
Chassis Dave Morgan
How to build Big Inch Mopar Big Block
How to Build Big Block Mopars I, II, III, IV, V
How to Rebuild Big Block Mopars
How to Build Performance Hemi Engine {Tom Hoover contributed}
Mopar Six pack Engine Handoock
Torqueflite A-727 Transmission Handbook
Mopar Engines 9th edition
Mopar Hemi Engines
Mopar Chassis 9th edition
Mopar Magnum Engines 2nd edition
Engine Airflow
Six Pack Mopar Street Muscle of the 60's
High Performance Differentials, Axles & Drivelines
Chrysler Dodge & Plymouth Muscle
Charger Road Runner & Super Bee Restoration Guide {has a bit of misleading info thou}
68 Plymouth Service Manual
Automobile Electronics

I'm into sports & outdoors stuff too..
Super The Raiders Finest Hour
Master Fly Fishing Guide
The way of a Trout
The Trout Fisherman's Bible
Super Bowl By the Bay
Bald Eagles Their life & behavior in North America
The Valley of Horses
Arnie & Jack
The Wisdom Keepers
My own way John Daly
Little Red Book Harvey Pineck
Tee swing Robert Jones

so, so many more too,
a plethora of great Mopar related & engine or tuning related books...

I'd highly recommend reading, some are better than others...
"Fill your library, before you fill your garage"
you will not regret it & all the rest of us here would appreciate it pretty much too...LOL

I read that one last summer. There were a lot of things in the book I never knew. Some of it was not surprising but some was such as the extensive drug use by the Wilson sisters especially Ann.

I wasn't suprised by the drug use as it goes with the territory, except for Ted Nugent. What impressed me was the strong family bond through the years. A good read.

Yes Bruzilla, I know...what's a US Air Force retiree doing reading a bunch of books on America's World war II in the South Pacific?
- - - Updated - - -

That's an easy one Ski. It's because you want to learn about how real men fight.
:bootyshake:

Yep... something happens in the past.... present day and something happens to a beautiful women who needs saved... Pitt gets involved with the girl's issues... there's a classic car chase... the bad guy gets foiled... the end. But they are entertaining to read. :)

If you like reading western themed book, try Robert B Parker's westerns. I just finished reading Bull River and Ironhorse and they are a good read. His crime and police books are good too.

Reread "The Thirteenth Planet" by Zecharia Sitchin...a different way of thinking.

Auto Transport Service
Back