• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake booster with vac canister

Hillbilly

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Need some help. Shop where I live added a vac canister to my car and they went from intake inlet to master cylinder from master cylinder to the canister then from the canister back to the master. Or I suppose the last run was just laying down in front of the Mc which is 3/8 and the inlet looks to be 1/4 as you’ll see in the pic. Correct me if I’m wrong but shouldn’t it go intake to canister to master cylinder? The other pic is how I have it ran now. But, with the other to inlets do I just need to cap them or replace with single inlet on master cylinder

39D096C0-B265-4B47-91EB-9A0F964A888E.jpeg B022AFD3-3C34-4A50-9C69-7B08FA179302.jpeg

I installed a res tank on mine, kit I got from Jeg's I think. Line runs from the intake to the tank and other line from tank to booster - not master. Inlet and outlet on tank. Looks like you might have a dual connection on booster?

I installed a res tank on mine, kit I got from Jeg's I think. Line runs from the intake to the tank and other line from tank to booster - not master. Inlet and outlet on tank. Looks like you might have a dual connection on booster?
Sorry, yes to the booster not master. Ok. So I have it routed correctly now. What would the second connection be ran too? Or should I just cap it Like I said I really have nothing to go off of seeing as though it was incorrect from the get go.

From what I followed in the kit, can't be certain it's gospel, cuz it really didn't do anything I could markedly detect to improve vac reserve I was looking for, is find out why if you can, there's a dual connector to the booster. Have you obtained the improvement you were looking for as it is setup? Which line are you thinking needs capping? I mounted canister under the battery tray where it's almost totally out of sight having the room there. I'd have to look again; but I had an inlet and outlet from the tank: from intake manifold port to tank...tank back to booster valve. Are you saying there's another port on the tank? Maybe post a photo of the connection you're wondering about.

From what I followed in the kit, can't be certain it's gospel, cuz it really didn't do anything I could markedly detect to improve vac reserve I was looking for, is find out why if you can, there's a dual connector to the booster. Have you obtained the improvement you were looking for as it is setup? Which line are you thinking needs capping? I mounted canister under the battery tray where it's almost totally out of sight having the room there. I'd have to look again; but I had an inlet and outlet from the tank: from intake manifold port to tank...tank back to booster valve. Are you saying there's another port on the tank? Maybe post a photo of the connection you're wondering about.
I have mine connected the same as yours the inlets in question are on my brake booster where normally you have one inlet I have a three way

846F1FAA-1EE5-413C-85BB-97F32A9945BD.png

I have mine connected the same as yours the inlets in question are on my brake booster where normally you have one inlet I have a three way

View attachment 989835
Based on what I'm seeing, maybe others can chime in, get a booster check valve that's one valve or you could cap those with securely fitting rubber caps. Only one you need is feed back hose from the reserve tank...though don't know what car you have where a multi-port valve was necessary...those ports should be capped if not used. Never leave uncapped vac if those are.

Based on what I'm seeing, maybe others can chime in, get a booster check valve that's one valve or you could cap those with securely fitting rubber caps. Only one you need is feed back hose from the reserve tank...though don't know what car you have where a multi-port valve was necessary...those ports should be capped if not used. Never leave uncapped vac if those are.
Well it had the multi port b
it had the multi port because the garage that put the canister in ran it wrong is the only thing I can figure

Auto Transport Service
Back