• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Hose Advice

MoparViking70

Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I’m doing a ‘70 RR clone with a Belvedere and my front brake hoses I replaced run right into the upper ball joints. My previous hoses were a banjo bolt style and looked to be from a diff vehicle. They collapsed internally and had to be replaced. I ran into an issue replacing the calipers too where it seemed they are usually mounted on the back and mine are on the front so they sent the wrong side. Anyone have advice on different hoses that would work? This is the only type of can find for this car so far.

C90DAFF4-5142-49E7-87B5-7C4D9565FF94.jpeg

I ordered my brake lines from inline tube i just told them what I had and everything fit perfect for my 67 coronet

What year are those front brakes from ? 1970 used a guide pin. Those should have a banjo type hose. What is on the other side ? Those tires look to be ancient. Check the DOT codes.

Your new hose is the correct design for a 70 Mopar with disc brakes... But your disc brakes aren't from a 70 Mopar... They are slider type calipers which points toward the very common swapped 73-76 A body disc brakes... Go to the parts store & ask for a RAYBESTOS BH36755

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.37.52 AM.png

I think I'm just going to start sending 1 Wild R/T Pm's whenever I have a question.
:thumbsup:

Your new hose is the correct design for a 70 Mopar with disc brakes... But your disc brakes aren't from a 70 Mopar... They are slider type calipers which points toward the very common swapped 73-76 A body disc brakes... Go to the parts store & ask for a RAYBESTOS BH36755

View attachment 1062791
Thank you so much! I figured they were from a different car but didn’t know what. That looks right. You’re the man.

What year are those front brakes from ? 1970 used a guide pin. Those should have a banjo type hose. What is on the other side ? Those tires look to be ancient. Check the DOT codes.
Wild R/T knew what they were from apparently. Yeah, the tires are old.

Auto Transport Service
Back