• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brewzer '67 Coronet build...

So I got the Borlas on today. MUCH better than the Flowmasters. They just weren't for me. This is the sound I like...

uRMR24oT_eU

Here is a video clip.

Last edited:
I just got the confirmation email today that they have started building my Viking shocks. I'm pretty jazzed. Right now I am still using some Lakewood 90-10's and 50-50's from the 80's. I'm sure these will be a huge step up.

I just got the confirmation email today that they have started building my Viking shocks. I'm pretty jazzed. Right now I am still using some Lakewood 90-10's and 50-50's from the 80's. I'm sure these will be a huge step up.
My new front shocks are the appx $325/pair Vikings. I have a LOT of experimentation and adjustments to do with them, but they are just the ticket for that, and easy to adjust. The instructions have various range setting recommendations for different uses (drag, road course, street).
The only reason why I didn't get them for the rear yet is the ones for the StreetLynx are different, and at that price, I'll have to just buy the Vikings for the rear once.

Are you looking for an in tank half inch pick up? I have one laying around I would sell. I run borla XR-1s and love the sound!

uRMR24oT_eU

Here is a video clip.

----
They have a real nice sound, for sure. I prefer the Dyno Max over the Flowmasters but these Borlas sound real nice.

Are you looking for an in tank half inch pick up? I have one laying around I would sell. I run borla XR-1s and love the sound!
Thanks, but I am good. I found one a short but ago and put it on when I did the rear end. I have to pull it though and adjust the float because even though it falls within factory specs, it reads empty with 6 gallons left in the tank.

----
They have a real nice sound, for sure. I prefer the Dyno Max over the Flowmasters but these Borlas sound real nice.
Yeah, all the Dynomax stuff I listened to sounded really good but I saw too many stories of broken welds and split seams on them to gamble. I ran Bottles for years and always loved them so thought it was safe to go back to them. I definitely made the right choice. They sound way better and freeway driving is much better.

Auto Transport Service
Back