• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broadcast sheet/Los Angeles Plant

SublimeSixpack

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone with a late '60's B-Body built at the Los Angeles Plant found a Broadcast sheet in their car?
I have a '68 Coronet and a '69 Super Bee built there and didn't find a single buildsheet in either car. Wondering if that plant for some reason just didn't jam the sheets in the cars they built. My St. Louis built B-body had three buildsheets in it.

Unfortunately

The car broadcast (track or build) sheet is typically found in various locations of a vehicle like behind the driver’s seat (bucket seat cars), taped to the back of the glove box, under the carpet, under the back seat etc... The employees of the production facilities typically referred to the Broadcast sheet as a "Track" Sheet. It was call that because it was used to track the components to be installed on a vehicle. However, track sheets were typically not placed in vehicles produced at Los Angeles (LA) assembly plant. The LA plant may have had a "trash" policy that stated no paperwork was to be left in the vehicle during assembly.

I have never found one in my GTX either.

Just curious if anyone with a late '60's B-Body built at the Los Angeles Plant found a Broadcast sheet in their car?
I have a '68 Coronet and a '69 Super Bee built there and didn't find a single buildsheet in either car. Wondering if that plant for some reason just didn't jam the sheets in the cars they built. My St. Louis built B-body had three buildsheets in it.

I have never heard of one, none in my challenger you my be right with no trash, cause my challenger was clean on floors, where as my charger had vinyl top trimmings clips a pen it was built at hamtramack

No sheet in my LA built 68 RR with original upholstery and I had it since 1982.

I have mine. LA built "E" 68 RR, bought in 78, found it under the rear seat springs. Just out of curiosity, why do you ask?

None in my Oct-69 1970 roadrunner but do have the original IBM punchcard.

I have mine. LA built "E" 68 RR, bought in 78, found it under the rear seat springs. Just out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Was just curious.
Twenty years ago when I restored my LA built '69 Bee I was hoping to find a buildsheet in it, but there wasn't one to be found. Then recently I purchased an LA built '68 Coronet Deluxe and didn't find one in it either. Figured it must be something to do with how the LA plant operated.

Was just curious.
Twenty years ago when I restored my LA built '69 Bee I was hoping to find a buildsheet in it, but there wasn't one to be found. Then recently I purchased an LA built '68 Coronet Deluxe and didn't find one in it either. Figured it must be something to do with how the LA plant operated.

Sorry, I was just curious about your curiosity. I think 68GTX440 above has the most plausible reason. It makes me feel lucky that somebody violated the trash policy. As I understand it, one is lucky to have one from any plant.

Sorry, I was just curious about your curiosity. I think 68GTX440 above has the most plausible reason. It makes me feel lucky that somebody violated the trash policy. As I understand it, one is lucky to have one from any plant.

Nothing wrong with being curious.

I'm looking at a car built in LA with a know history and they never found a build sheet when the car was redone. I was wondering why they don't have one, I guess I found what might be the answer.

I'm looking at a car built in LA with a know history and they never found a build sheet when the car was redone. I was wondering why they don't have one, I guess I found what might be the answer.

Hey MA, I must of missed your Welcome Wagon thread. I'm just up the road from you in Fort Fun. Welcome.

My roadrunner was built in LA and I never found one. I just pulled the original interior out during restoration and wondered this myself.

Never found one in my 69 RR build date of Jan 69' but I am 3rd or 4th owner so who knows? Wonder why they wouldn't? the Eco Nazis weren't around back then were they?:sideways tongue: and of course the plant is long gone with the records......or are the records somewhere in archive?

So far only one member's LA car found with a build sheet in it. Maybe it was a worker that had been transferred from back east to LA that put one in "Runner 68's" RR and he slipped up or didn't know the rules at the LA plant. :icon_smile:

That's a really good find, had a e-body guy go over and over my challenger about different things that where done at LA compared to other plants, I guess a lot of hardware used was different, he took bunch of pictures, was kind of interesting to hear about

Auto Transport Service
Back