• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

"The main reason I gave George and the Lads the "go ahead". After the Bee's metal replacement back some 6 years ago I knew that I was in good hands at Body By Biggs in Warminster Ontario, Canada! Hell, there's no 6 year waiting list to work on my wing car either !!!!"

Was that a paid indorsement??? :rofl:

Yes good body men are getting scarce. My Roger has been at it since '76. But he's in better shape than most 40 year olds. Hell still plays hockey every Wednesday night. At 10:30 till midnight to boot. Not bad for 68.

My Man!!.jpg

I know you managed to get a good paint match, just wondered if you were using the same paint on the nose or were going to do it in lacquer like the original?
Lacquer, can you even buy that anymore?! LOL One match was bad enough, it'll all get sprayed the same.

"The main reason I gave George and the Lads the "go ahead". After the Bee's metal replacement back some 6 years ago I knew that I was in good hands at Body By Biggs in Warminster Ontario, Canada! Hell, there's no 6 year waiting list to work on my wing car either !!!!"

Was that a paid indorsement??? :rofl:

Yes good body men are getting scarce. My Roger has been at it since '76. But he's in better shape than most 40 year olds. Hell still plays hockey every Wednesday night. At 10:30 till midnight to boot. Not bad for 68.

View attachment 1452567
And there he is leaning on the new paint! What will the painter think???

And there he is leaning on the new paint! What will the painter think???
Paint is over two years old. He could lean on it where ever he wants. He's a good fella. Anything I have asked him to do never a problem. No arguing, no rolling of eyes nothing. A few things I asked him to redo. Not a problem. If you find that today your lucky. Hard to get today fellas to answer the phone. He was at my place a few weeks ago to help me put the trunk cover on and align it up.

Paint is over two years old. He could lean on it where ever he wants. He's a good fella. Anything I have asked him to do never a problem. No arguing, no rolling of eyes nothing. A few things I asked him to redo. Not a problem. If you find that today your lucky. Hard to get today fellas to answer the phone. He was at my place a few weeks ago to help me put the trunk cover on and align it up.
My comment was tongue in cheek.

Copy that 440 4 speed. I know a few guys that take that way too serious about leaning on cars and the such.

I asked him to stand in front of the car for a shot. I told him it would make a nice picture at his wake! Yes he laughed. He'll probably out last me. Yes sir!

Now if I could get my s#@* together and get her together. It's a mental thing. lol

Sorry Wayne.
Back to business. Another day. Another update??

Some more amazing metal work by the lads at Body by Biggs!
superbirdfullpaint8 032.jpg

Nose looking good! Just needs some grinding, a skim coat and blocking.
superbirdfullpaint8 034.jpg

Winning....
superbirdfullpaint8 035.jpg

I can’t believe how badly the door repair has snowballed. It’s going to be really nice, but dang…

The lads surprised me this morning, apparently we're doing a colour change to Panther Pink...
superbirdfullpaint9 001.jpg

Putting the headlight buckets together and into the nose to see what body work needs to be done to get a smooth fit on everything.
superbirdfullpaint9 008.jpg

NOT a fun job, but we got'r done.
superbirdfullpaint9 025.jpg

Dan filing a little bit off the headlight pods plastic lid to straighten it up.
superbirdfullpaint9 030.jpg

Best fit we can get for now by moving the buckets around, time to put it on the nose as this thing flexes so much it needs to be anchored solid before going any further.
superbirdfullpaint9 033.jpg

Body pretty much ready to block out.
superbirdfullpaint9 037.jpg

Farting around with nose alignment to the fenders.
superbirdfullpaint9 048.jpg

A couple more hours and we're pretty much were she needs to be. Now some hammer and dolly time and the inevitable body filler to make it perfect.
superbirdfullpaint9 055.jpg

5PM and time for me to jump into the '69 Swinger and head for home before the rain hits. I'll leave it to Dan, George and the lads until they call me again.
superbirdfullpaint9 058.jpg

The lads surprised me this morning, apparently we're doing a colour change to Panther Pink...
View attachment 1457283
Putting the headlight buckets together and into the nose to see what body work needs to be done to get a smooth fit on everything.
View attachment 1457284
NOT a fun job, but we got'r done.
View attachment 1457285
Dan filing a little bit off the headlight pods plastic lid to straighten it up.
View attachment 1457286
Best fit we can get for now by moving the buckets around, time to put it on the nose as this thing flexes so much it needs to be anchored solid before going any further.
View attachment 1457287
Body pretty much ready to block out.
View attachment 1457288
Farting around with nose alignment to the fenders.
View attachment 1457289
A couple more hours and we're pretty much were she needs to be. Now some hammer and dolly time and the inevitable body filler to make it perfect.
View attachment 1457290
5PM and time for me to jump into the '69 Swinger and head for home before the rain hits. I'll leave it to Dan, George and the lads until they call me again.
View attachment 1457291
Looking very nice. I was very grateful that I could work on our car at Kroozen Metal, even if he wasn’t there. One man shop, and has done some very valuable cars. Hemi Cuda’s etc.

Two Birds in a box...
superbirdfullpainta 031.jpg

Decided it wasn't worth the risk of using some 40 to 50 year old NOS decals I have on the shelves and ordered all new reproductions from Mike Mancini at Performance Car Graphics. About $900 Cdn there...
superbirdfullpainta 033.jpg

Trunk lid had a bit of rust around the top to bottom seams so a bit more mission creep and I gave the go ahead to fully blast it and repair the "swell" on the inside of the rear lip. Also full of acorns and mouse ****...
superbirdfullpainta 043.jpg

My Bank Manager discussing the project with Dan.
superbirdfullpainta 047.jpg

Dan did a beautiful job dollying the nose metal back into place and a skim coat of filler to block it for clean lines.
superbirdfullpainta 049.jpg

A ways to go, but we're getting there.
superbirdfullpainta 054.jpg

One of the better nose to hood and fenders fits I've seen!
superbirdfullpainta 059.jpg

Wife's still smilin! I'm just not sure what Dan was doing behind that trunk lid.
superbirdfullpainta 067.jpg

44 years of putting up with me, but still nothing surprises her going back to the day I fixed a Healey bus on a highschool trip, somewhere on the way to Washington DC in '79. Door and trunk lid in epoxy ready for paint.
superbirdfullpainta 069.jpg

She needed a beer though.... St Louis Bar and Grill in Orillia. I think that was my need actually after a trip to Costco !!!
superbirdfullpainta 072.jpg

Final picture & she's still smiling.... You might want to keep her around.... :lol:

No offense Wayne, but you are the king of mission creep…

Last edited:
Great update Wayne! She's getting there quick. Those good women are far and few between. Been 31 years for me and the bride in August. Congratulations!

Tires have certainly got STUPID ! I paid $250 US each in '17 for the redlines on the Bee. They are now $380 each and the F60-15 Polyglas GT's I need for the Bird are now $430 each, plus $416 US for shipping and they're taking 20% for taxes when our Prov/Fed is only 13%. I know there's also a tire tax.. but unsure what it is. $2584US for Four tires, $3600 Cdn or $900 A tire. That said... mine are 33 years old = $109 Canuck bucks / year!! Didn't get a confirmation email... so maybe I got lucky and the order didn't go through! LOL
20230507_142713.jpg
20230507_142659.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back