• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

I got the same price increase from Coker, I thanked them for asking before shipping, and told them to forget it. It sounded like I was not the only one refusing them as she asked why. The fact is those tires suck anyway and I would rather do new billet wheels with a safe tire, and keep the old ones for shows that I doubt I ever go to. I am not the biggest fan of the billet wheels but a quarter destroying shitty tire makes them look better. Wish we could get a 17 or 18" steel wheeland trim ring look alike but doubt it will ever happen.

Can’t take it with you Wayne!
I know I know
You want some while you’re here
Just a little anyway

That tire quote is a punch to the gut.
I try to not let price put the kibosh on my fun but that would sting quite a bit.

I’ve been hearing the same from the vintage Corvette crowd too.

Bank account is happy...

Good morning,

I apologize for the delay but we are not in the building over the weekend.

F 60-15 Polyglas tires are not in stock at this time .

IF you would like we will place the order on backorder and contact you when they are again available At this time I do not have an ETA on the tire.

As a non resident importer we are required to collect the 20% Tax as a Brokerage fee

Tires have certainly got STUPID ! I paid $250 US each in '17 for the redlines on the Bee. They are now $380 each and the F60-15 Polyglas GT's I need for the Bird are now $430 each, plus $416 US for shipping and they're taking 20% for taxes when our Prov/Fed is only 13%. I know there's also a tire tax.. but unsure what it is. $2584US for Four tires, $3600 Cdn or $900 A tire. That said... mine are 33 years old = $109 Canuck bucks / year!! Didn't get a confirmation email... so maybe I got lucky and the order didn't go through! LOL
View attachment 1461594View attachment 1461595
fred sanford.gif

Complete car is in final primer, letting it sit to harden, shrink, etc for a week b4 paint while they clean all the smalls up ready for same. That said it may as well be done in October, as we're headed for camp.
705414914.jpg

Took the HP2 and cruised over to the body shop this morning, as I finally received a piece of nose decal scrap so the guys can match the Black around the headlight openings correctly.
superbirdfullpaintb 020.jpg

In full primer.
superbirdfullpaintb 002.jpg

Needs blocking and then one last primer coat before paint.
superbirdfullpaintb 003.jpg

Nose just about down to final sanding, then a few primer coats and blocking.
superbirdfullpaintb 008.jpg

A few things are Yellow..
superbirdfullpaintb 009.jpg

Everything has to be painted White, before they go Yellow.
superbirdfullpaintb 011.jpg

Jake doing his thing, making the wing uprights as perfect as he can get.
superbirdfullpaintb 016.jpg

Trunk lid and passenger door ready for paint.
superbirdfullpaintb 018.jpg

My last view until I get the call to come help put the nose back on and haul her home. Hopefully in about a month to coincide with an already scheduled trip home 3rd week of June.
superbirdfullpaintb 021.jpg

Trip through Little Lake park on the way home, had to stop for a photoshoot.
superbirdfullpaintb 024.jpg

Okay folks we're back here!

I thank Roger for hiding this thread for some 4+ months as Hagerty was trying to get me for fraud and I'm am still less than amused about this on a $250,000 + 57,000 mile car that I said that I would NEVER restore. I sure as **** didn't rip the door off it on purpose. I have much better ******* things to do.

I've been battling Hagerty's underwriter AVIVA for 6+ months to pay my parts and labour, as they promised in writing that they'd cover, and the body shops bill to a total of $23,000 plus vs their useless over worked appraiser that estimated at first only $9700 to do the repairs. I finally got a cheque out of them yesterday for $9900 and I'm going to fight them tooth and nail for at least that amount again.

Add to that, after the drivers side of the car was repaired I couldn't live with the "man that looks great on the left and HMMMMM over here". Nothing another 35 grand couldn't remedy. We stripped the car bare and painted everything. I brought it home in June. Now it's time to put it all back together.
superbirdfullpaintc 028.jpg
superbirdfullpaintc 047.jpg

Very nice, thanks for being honest about the real cost to do a car right. It will be nice.

Just home from Camp after 4+ months and once we get the property back into shape and ready for winter the Wife will be fine with me getting this car back together for next Spring!

Oh hell...who am I kidding, she doesn't care what I'm up to and working on. I have her '64 Dodge 440 up and running and we're going cruising tomorrow. Gotta lover her, 44 year in and cars still come first....
superbirdfullpaintc 062.jpg

Are they alleging that you intentionally damaged the car? Or is the insurance company arguing betterment? I have zero knowledge of insurance laws in Canada, but you might want to consult someone that does. Especially if you have an agreement in writing.

Best of luck...

Are they alleging that you intentionally damaged the car? Or is the insurance company arguing betterment? I have zero knowledge of insurance laws in Canada, but you might want to consult someone that does. Especially if you have an agreement in writing.

Best of luck...
I'm not going to state anything here other than the car is going back together, "by the hour" and Hagerty Canada is in for a world of hurt publicly if I don't get reimbursed for the full repairs that I pay premiums on. I've fought for 6 months to get reimbursed to no avail until threatening them that I may be dead before I get paid and that they don't won't to deal with my Wife!

I have everything in writing from last October when I was told to order any parts needed and don't worry we'll cover everything to restore it to as new. If I was Joe blow and my car was at the resto shop it would still be in paint jail waiting to pay the bill that Hagerty should have paid 5 months ago, but George let me bring it home without paying him. Why should I have to take money out of my own savings when I have insurance that covers it to get my car back? Yet here I am still paying a years premium and the car out of commision!

Okay folks we're back here!

I thank Roger for hiding this thread for some 4+ months as Hagerty was trying to get me for fraud and I'm am still less than amused about this on a $250,000 + 57,000 mile car that I said that I would NEVER restore. I sure as **** didn't rip the door off it on purpose. I have much better ******* things to do.

I've been battling Hagerty's underwriter AVIVA for 6+ months to pay my parts and labour, as they promised in writing that they'd cover, and the body shops bill to a total of $23,000 plus vs their useless over worked appraiser that estimated at first only $9700 to do the repairs. I finally got a cheque out of them yesterday for $9900 and I'm going to fight them tooth and nail for at least that amount again.

Add to that, after the drivers side of the car was repaired I couldn't live with the "man that looks great on the left and HMMMMM over here". Nothing another 35 grand couldn't remedy. We stripped the car bare and painted everything. I brought it home in June. Now it's time to put it all back together.
View attachment 1532363View attachment 1532364
Wow, Wayne, that is quite an ordeal. Insurance companies have always been better at taking $$$ in than paying it out. I know what you are saying about having a car partially painted. My Daffodil Yellow '67 R/T had the driver's side damaged when a neighbour up the road drove out in front of me. The only fortunate thing about it was that it happened a couple of weeks before Mopar Nationals in Columbus. I was able to get on the phone with contacts I had made over the years, and had all the needed repair parts delivered to Columbus. This included a front bumper and brace, front grill surround, and driver's side front fender. The insurance company normally lays the job of parts procurement off to the body shop, but I knew that everything was going to have to come from U.S. to fix my car.
I decided to have the whole car repainted, since the existing paint was almost 25 years old. The paint shop owner is a friend of mine, and allowed me to come in for three days and strip the old paint off. He also gave me the "friends and family" rate on the labour, which really helped. Some minor rust issues were addressed at the same time. My insurance company and I split the $15,000 repair bill. On the plus side, my car came back nicer than it had ever been, thanks to the care and skill of my body guy.

Last edited:
I'm not going to state anything here other than the car is going back together, "by the hour" and Hagerty Canada is in for a world of hurt publicly if I don't get reimbursed for the full repairs that I pay premiums on. I've fought for 6 months to get reimbursed to no avail until threatening them that I may be dead before I get paid and that they don't won't to deal with my Wife!

I have everything in writing from last October when I was told to order any parts needed and don't worry we'll cover everything to restore it to as new. If I was Joe blow and my car was at the resto shop it would still be in paint jail waiting to pay the bill that Hagerty should have paid 5 months ago, but George let me bring it home without paying him. Why should I have to take money out of my own savings when I have insurance that covers it to get my car back? Yet here I am still paying a years premium and the car out of commision!

I understand completely. We had a lengthy insurance dispute after a tornado went through the neighborhood, reaching a settlement was painful...

Auto Transport Service
Back