• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

Yeah, we had a tornado in late March. The insurance companies have been hell to deal with. They paid about half of my damages which fortunately were not too bad. Many others are having even worse times dealing with them.

Hey Wayne, so sorry you had to do the insurance 2 step. They love to take our money but when we file a claim they hate to pay up.

Car sure looks nice Wayne. Hope the money thing can get straightened out. After it is over, might be a good idea to get a couple of quotes from other carriers.

Clearly since Hagerty got bought out the company isn't the same... Never heard anything bad about filing a claim back five or more years ago... I dropped them a few years back when a friend who owns a bodyshop told me about how he's been seeing issue with them... Prior to that I knew I could get collector coverage cheaper elsewhere but paid their premium in hopes of premium service.... Obviously my decision to jump ship was the right choice..

Have wondered about insurance. A few years ago a fellow rolled his 66 Coronet 2dr sedan with a 426 Hemi transplant. Very nice car. Hagerty flew a rep in, took a look, said get it fixed. Body shop repaired it, sent the cheque end of story.
A lot of money, I had no idea that a non Hemi Coronet could be worth so much money . He might have had stated value insurance.

Last edited:
Have wondered about insurance. A few years ago a fellow rolled his 66 Coronet 2dr sedan with a 426 Hemi transplant. Very nice car. Hagerty flew a rep in, took a look, said get it fixed. Body shop repaired it, sent the cheque end of story.
A lot of money, I had no idea a no idea that a non Hemi Coronet could be worth so much money . He might have had stated value insurance.
That's all Hagerty sells..

That BS about never intended to restore the bird, show them pictures of the Bee. Those are I've done it before pictures. Kick *** Wayne they deserve it!

Sorry to hear that Haggerty is giving you a hard time. Just when I thought I picked a good insurance company!

Sorry to hear that Haggerty is giving you a hard time. Just when I thought I picked a good insurance company!
Probably still is State side, problem with Canada is "Hagerty Canada" is just a Broker and insurance is underwritten by Elite / Aviva and they just want to treat a claim like they were fixing a beater Honda Civic.

Finally found a couple of hours to go fetch the few parts that needed a repaint back when I picked up the car in June. Now I think I have everything to get her back together. Just need to find the time for that....
20231005_121447.jpg
20231005_122419.jpg
20231005_122432.jpg
20231005_122445.jpg

Paint and straightness is beautiful. Is it just me, or are the black areas around the headlights smaller than other Superbirds I've seen?

Paint and straightness is beautiful. Is it just me, or are the black areas around the headlights smaller than other Superbirds I've seen?
That's just the "ring" around the headlight buckets. The decal goes out further and also on the headlight door. The black is just to fill the gap so they don't look like racoon eyes!

I was wondering wth happened to this thread!! lol

What a crock of **** with Hagerty. At least you have it in writing to have a leg to stand on.

The Bird looks great!! :thumbsup:

I was wondering wth happened to this thread!! lol

What a crock of **** with Hagerty. At least you have it in writing to have a leg to stand on.

The Bird looks great!! :thumbsup:
Like Bon Jovi says, "I'm half way there" ! LOL Worst part is I need to add another car to the policy on Thursday ffs. Not much option up here for agreed coverage...

Auto Transport Service
Back