• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullseye!.........'71 Dodge Dart, right at home @ FBBO

Will, you gonna put a vinyl top back on it? I was thinking that flowery mod top. That way the wife can't say you never gave her any flowers. I got your back.lol

Will, you gonna put a vinyl top back on it? I was thinking that flowery mod top. That way the wife can't say you never gave her any flowers. I got your back.lol

That would be killer Ron!

Please do this Prop! several exciting colors to choose from LOL

download.php

modtopAd.jpg

That would be killer Ron!

Please do this Prop! several exciting colors to choose from LOL

download.php

modtopAd.jpg

Mod top gets my vote too! I'm always sure to visit the mod top group when I visit Carlisle. Way 'Over the top' lol.

I never cared much for the mod top stuff. but I guess they were cool. not too many left original I bet. but just so you know, I own a dart also.

Attachments

• duster dart charger 011.jpg
    duster dart charger 011.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 333
Cool idea on the top fella's....I dig it. I passed it by the wife, and unfortunately, no dice. She looked at me like I just made a species become extinct or something. Guess she's not riding the flower power train. I think I still have a little room to work on her though.

My name was changed to protect the innocent.
Hehehehe!

That's one sharp looking post car.......a68postcar! Thanks for posting!

Well today was Round 2 with the donor roof. Lotta jumping around the ring, but I knocked that things teeth out...lol Wrapped up getting the donor roof skin off its interior frame. Pretty happy i'm done with that.

q.jpg

So my Sawzall has been collecting dust, since I cut the donor roof off a now convertible Dart, down the old Kentucky holler. Heck of a tool. I refer to it as "The Angry Badger". Anyways, as usual I tossed on my welding mitt's, safety glasses, pulled the trigger and just held on. Like when cutting off the roof, I had the old frame diced up in about 2-3 minutes. If you guys don't have one of these, and you enjoy destruction, demolition and ceasing life, I highly recommenced one.

w.jpg

e.jpg

So I'm not too A-Body savoy when it comes to typical A-Body rot problem areas (besides the all-around basic areas). I've been blessed with plenty of run of the mill B-Body problem child areas in the past. Anyways, I saved the A-Pillars, top half of the rear interior window frame, as well as the top of the front window frame. If you guys know anyone looking for one or all the pieces, let me know. Don't want anything for them, just pay for the shipping. Hopefully they'll help someone out down the road.

r.jpg

So now I'm just pegging away at prepping the interior roof and donor roof skin. Cleaning up rust and filling a couple holes where the spot weld cutter popped through.

t.jpg

Gee, that looks familiar!
Looking good Prop, keep up the good work!
Angry Beaver, now that is funny! But I know where you are coming from, That Sawzall is my favorite HE MAN tool.
I recommend buying excactly the one pictured. Milwaukee Sawzall WITH a cord, Not those wimpy battery ones.

Thanks Don! I'm sure you do remember your dashing adventures with roof skins. Gotta say, I'd rather weld on a set of quarters. Roofs are kind of drag on work. If figured you'd have a Sawzall as well. I dig my plasma cutter the same, but when there isn't a whole lot of finesse involved, the Milwaukee wins it, hands down. And I agree, 110V eats up the 18V

Had a super sawzall for a lot of years now and really like my plasma cutter too!!

Plasma cutter's are sweet! Makes my cut off wheel seem like a dull butter knife...lol

Speaking of vinyl tops, anyone have any idea how the trim secure's on and what sort of clip's the '71 darts had?

Cool idea on the top fella's....I dig it. I passed it by the wife, and unfortunately, no dice. She looked at me like I just made a species become extinct or something. Guess she's not riding the flower power train. I think I still have a little room to work on her though.

I'd love to have seen that .. glad you asked her though. Did you show her the pics above? or some other ones on the web?

also forgot if you've said is she's picked a color for sure

Last edited:
Not digging the Mod top either, maybe some Urban Cammo haha. Nice work Prop!

How about going after a look like benno? Darker body color and white vinyl.

I'd love to have seen that .. glad you asked her though. Did you show her the pics above? or some other ones on the web?

also forgot if you've said is she's picked a color for sure

I showed her the ones that were posted here. She thought it was pretty cool that a car MFG actually did do something like that back in the day, but was a bit too much flare for her. As far as color, she's down to some sort of Medium Blue Metallic, Sassy Grass Green or back to Hemi Orange. Knowing my wife, that will all change about 11 times before paint comes.

How about going after a look like benno? Darker body color and white vinyl.

That is a sharp contrast combo! I don't know if she want's vinyl back on top or not. Seem's like she's on the fence about it. Myself, I'd vote to leave it off. IMO, with the Dart's shape and body lines, they look better without it.....but that's not up for me to decide on this one. She'll have to pick soon, because as soon as this roof skin is welded on, I'll be contending with the body and the hammered in, bondo'd filled vinyl top holes, one way or the other.

Not digging the Mod top either, maybe some Urban Cammo haha. Nice work Prop!

Thanks Dev! Could go with a Woodsman Edition and toss on the Mossy Oak or Realtree...lol That sure would be off the beatin path!

Damn Will you really threw the fire to the iron while I was gone, I take off for a couple weeks and come back to find you've gone from planetarium to full on stargazing!

Top shelf handiwork as always and glad to be back aboard the Propwash Rust-o-ration Express
:eek:ccasion14:

Oh and x2 on the sawzall recommendation, it's cheaper than therapy!
sawzall hero.jpg

LOL......Rust-o-ration Express! That's funny. Southern-Cali car and i'm still dealing with panel changing rust. Ah well......I love it anyways! Wife want's me to get this Tattoo on my shoulder, as a christmas present:

tin-man.jpg

Don't know she's trying to tell me I work around too much rust, or I don't have a heart...LOL

Anyways, should have some time this weekend to hopefully get the roof on and welded.

Well prop, I would have to think maybe you have inhaled the rust to long if you do get the tin man tattooooed on your arm, full version on your chest, if its put on right, tin man may have a mustache!... :)

I was told they are taking me back to the funny farm soon, could resist this one lol

Got some time on the Dodge today......

Prepped the donor roof, and also prepped the inner roof frame. Cleaned it down to all bare metal, sprayed Zinc Weld-Thru primer along all the surfaces to be welded to, then sprayed some PPG DP40 Epoxy Primer over the rest of the frame. Roof brace, I didn't any decent panel adhesive to apply between that and the skin, so I went with some run of the mill Liquid Nails in the caulk gun.

a.jpg

Little tough to put on alone, but the skin is on. Fit like a glove. After calling it a night, I'm about 3/4 the way through welding up all the spot welds.

b.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back