• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caltracs

Houle #382

Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering who is running Caltracs on their street cars, are you using the stock leaf springs ? Are they really worth the money for a strictly street car. How do they effect the ride ? Saw a 69 Charger with them and it's a pretty neat setup. Something I might think about.

They work.
Are they necessary for a STRICTLY street car? I wouldn't bother.
My cars are super stock springs, ladder bars with stock leafs, and four link with coilovers.
I'm sure someone here uses them, and maybe the split monoleafs, but I'll bet they are on a street strip car, that sees a lot of strip.

I haven't run them yet but I put them on my 68 Runner street build. Went with the low profiles. This car will never see the drag strip but it's built for it.
We put them on my son's 72 street Duster and he loves them. Keep them at a neutral adjustment for the street and you'll be fine. Use their split mono leaf springs. Not sure how they will work with stock style leafs.

IMG_3093.jpg
IMG_3094.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3097.jpg
IMG_3098.jpg
IMG_3099.jpg

For just a street cruiser type car they are not needed.

I have them on my roadrunner. I had super stock springs. It wouldn’t hook up and would wheel hop Caltracs took care of of both issues. Hooks up great now. Note the car is around 650 hp. IT’s faster than my manual Hellcat

I have them on each of my toys. Both have the split mono leaf springs and inboard spring location. I run without any preload and the ride is acceptable-to me.
Mike
IMG_2784.JPG

Mine are also inboard, but with preload and minus 1" split mono-leafs. A little rough on the street but manageable.

photo0.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpg

20210810_200920.jpg

20210810_200902.jpg

Had them with the split mono-leafs on my 67. A little stiffer on the street but not too bad. They do work great on the track.

Auto Transport Service
Back