• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help me out with a picture of their rear disc brake lines?

lochenjons

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
hey everyone, installing the right stuff rear disc setup on my ‘70 charger with an 8.75 rear end. Looks like I’ll have to shorten the rear brake lines that cane with the kit (go figure, nothing is “plug and play”) to attach them to the flex hoses that connect to the banjo bolt. Can you guys send me some pictures of the flex hose setup on the rear of your cars? If you have the right stuff that would be awesome. Just trying to get an idea of how to route these flex hoses back here. Thanks.

Also where did you guys put the proportioning valve in the system? Manual says “somewhere between the front and rear”

Also I’m guessing that most of you guys used your stock axle vent/brake line splitter for the system? The 8.75 I got didn’t have a vent so I bought one but it looks like the brake kit didn’t come with a tee so I’m probably going to have to get a new vent/brake line tee. Thanks for the help

Not sure if this helps. Pictures were right before welding brake line clips. It's a right stuff kit. Put proportioning valve on passenger side fender below master cylinder.

Right Stuff 1.jpg Right Stuff 2.jpg

Not sure if this helps. Pictures were right before welding brake line clips. It's a right stuff kit. Put proportioning valve on passenger side fender below master cylinder.

View attachment 754914 View attachment 754915

Thanks for the pictures, that helps. Where did you attach your flex hoses to on your axle housing? How far did you have to shorten your steel lines?

I have the wrong breather on my axle housing. And they sent me the wrong lines - I called them this morning. Lady was super nice and going to ship me out the correct ones. The lines they sent me were for a front wheel conversion only. Go figure

Thanks for the pictures, that helps. Where did you attach your flex hoses to on your axle housing? How far did you have to shorten your steel lines?
Made my own brake lines and connected flex hoses at through the clips welded on.

Auto Transport Service
Back