• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't Decide. What do I do?

Lowhound

Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
I have been buying up parts for my 70 Bee for a few years now. I have everything for the underbody. I have put numerous stiffening component such as frame connectors, LCA stiffening plates, fully welded & gusseted K member, .096 torsion bars, fender stiffening braces, stiffening brace on radiator support, new leaf springs, better shocks, urethane bushings everywhere, quick ratio pitman arm, new steering box. I also wanted white interior and have all of it standing ready to be installed and a white vinyl top. For me those choices were easy for me to decide. But now my body man tells me that he can take my car sooner than planned. But I still cant decide on a @!^%$ing color for the exterior. I have been torn between Panther Pink, the 2010 Challenger Fushia, or the original FK5 Burnt orange metallic which I never really liked but it is the original color. The more I think and look at pics ,the more I am getting confused. I'm even starting to think about a blue or a green color. What will help me decide? Any help from you guys will surely be appreciated. If my painter is ready for me, then I want to be ready for him.

Hey Lowhound.....

IMHO, the panther pink and Fuchsia are nice, but bold, brave colours..... you either like them, or you don't. There is something to be said for an original colour. I am thinking it would probably be my choice if faced with your decision.

Cheers

Jason

you said you dont like the original color,why would you do that?you already modified the hell out of the car,why worry about original paint?make it the color you like.

you said you dont like the original color,why would you do that?you already modified the hell out of the car,why worry about original paint?make it the color you like.

X2

In my opinion, a white interior (and top) looks great with a medium or dark color. Lately, I have really been liking B5 blue with white. Of course, it is not about what I like, but what YOU like.

70coronetrtconvb5blue.jpg

I'm not worried about changing from the original color. I said it was 1 of my options that I was keeping in mind to go with. Just cant decide & I feel like time is running out before my painter is ready to take it in.

The problem here is what do you really want to do ? Original color is always nice at resell time for period correctness, is that what you want? Otherwise, pimp it out the way you want and suffer what you get for it not being original. I hate seeing people pimp their cars for what they want and being disappointed cause they can't get the coin that they could have gotten if they haven't bubba'd it. JMHO! It is what it is. Would you trick out a dussie or some other rare car for being greedy to change something that shouldn't??? Your call there!

You HAVE to have a gut instinct on this one.... despite the debating and rethinking on this which color choice jumps out for you??

I'm the same way...can't decide on a color so I'm thinking about leaving it like I drove it 15 years ago in mostly primer and satin cleared bare metal.....

You still have some time. Its not like it will be in the paint booth tomorrow. Personally I like the high impact colors on the 70 coronet body. Green or orange. Not to keen on the pink but that is just me. I think it looks better on e bodies. I would probably go with the Orange the more I think about it.

Put me down for the Burnt Orange, Orange is just badass on the B Bodies. Going to car shows is what made up my mind, every car I loved was Tangelo Pearl so now mine is to "Orange". Good luck/

Dude, ya pick your 2 favorite colors then flip a coin, man. You'll know your color when the coin is in the air.

camouflage it, way cool and timeless and you can use it as a duck blind

Fk5 burnt orange would look killer on that car....or it is hard to go wrong with B5 blue

Mikey

I like the high impact colors of 1970 but it just seems that is what everyone is doing these days. I don't want to go to a LOCAL car show & see 5 others just like it. I might as well get a 55 Chevy if I want that. Thinking about it more makes me want to vote against the Pink just because it is a love or hate color. When I 1st got the car years ago it was FK5 burnt orange metallic, but it was fading bad & had no shine at all. I may go buy a pint & spray something with it. Just to see what it looks like fresh out of the can. I may decide that I like it.

B5 blue is classic on any B-Body, especially with white interior. Of all the high impact colors offered in '70 on the Super bee's, I'm partial to Plum Crazy, again especially with white interior.

Just my opinion - I like Panther Pink, but only on 70 Cudas'. I think it is a little much on a B-body. FK5 is a decent color when polished up. Or maybe a little more orange/copper?

69crtbydabramo_2.jpg

My vote is for butterscotch with a red stripe, just to confuse the issue a bit more. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Like so...image.jpg

Yellow with white interior and white top is "the Bee's knee's". Cliche' maybbut still looks cool.

After that, B5 looks sharp.

MCOTW_70SuperBee_PosterImage_detail.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back