• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscriptions. Do you see what they’re doing?

68-500

Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
We used the be able to watch most major sporting events for on air for free. Now they are sliding them to streaming services. Can’t watch the Cheifs vs Dolphins tonight without paying $3.99 a month for a peacock subscription. Not only do you have to pay the $3.99 you also need a $50 internet service. I won’t let them steal my money. If it ain’t free, it ain’t for me. People if you don’t give them the money they will have no choice but to bring them back to over the air channels.

Yep, it's BS & I don't even care for either teams...

I have Xfinity 1, 10 gig -www-, phone/land line (for my dad),
Wifi is needed & a basic TV package, with sports & HD
& a good package, like 220 channels
I watch probably 10 maybe,
but my dad watches all the reruns of old westerns constantly
it's cheap entertainment keeps him happy, at 86+

I can get Youtube on my TV now, that's cool, done a lot of that

I can get it Peacock ( :gay: NBC BS) with a 1 month trial subscription free
I don't even want to sign up for it
then I'll be bombarded with 100s of BS or constant spam
trying to sign me up long-term deal,
no matter if you block them or not
after like all the other free apps you get "with a package deal"...

I did it Xfinity/Comcast bundle for the fast internet (for my buss. org.)
& to MotorTrend TV, what was Speed & then Velocity
most the rest aside from;
history, discovery, rodeo or golf channel
a couple of oldies TV stations late night
& some football
mostly my Oregon Ducks or NCAAF & my Raiders
dad's 49ers "puke"
I could care less about other teams, I still don't want to be limited,
get screwed, **** we all used to get free, with just an antenna
is called streaming now, ale cart BS
Paramount is another one, I refuse to sign up for (more NBCs BS)

Last edited:
Me neither but, its cold as hell outside. I thought I might watch some playoff games. I thought I was leaning towards The Browns with Joe Flacco not going to happen for them.

Yep its all about the money.
1705190144282.jpeg

Sure is all about the money. The more we give them, the more they’ll try to get. If we stop giving it to them they will have no choice be to resort to the traditional television.

Amazon killed Bars by taking Thursday night football to streaming. I don't need to watch it but would of if it was free.. Houston put a hurting on the Browns 45-14 now and still 12 over minutes left.

Amazon killed Bars by taking Thursday night football to streaming. I don't need to watch it but would of if it was free.. Houston put a hurting on the Browns 45-14 now and still 12 over minutes left.
I was pulling for Flacco. Man… to be a Browns fan. 8^[

We used the be able to watch most major sporting events for on air for free. Now they are sliding them to streaming services. Can’t watch the Cheifs vs Dolphins tonight without paying $3.99 a month for a peacock subscription. Not only do you have to pay the $3.99 you also need a $50 internet service. I won’t let them steal my money. If it ain’t free, it ain’t for me. People if you don’t give them the money they will have no choice but to bring them back to over the air channels.
Yep. It's B/S

If they keep jumping around, in the end I think they are going to lose viewership and revenue. They are certainly losing me. I'm just not going to follow along from provider to provider like a lost puppy, and the BS is making me not care anymore. I'll catch a game if convenient, otherwise it doesn't bother me to miss a game.

I'll just watch the highlights on NFL or utube later. rooting for KS .

I could give a rat's you know what about the NFL.
But,
The trend to make everything a renewing service is seeping into everything.
Rent a tool and a drone delivers from Home Depot.... yeah or buy the tool? You know own it?
Movies on TV. I have TV series, movies, whatever on DVD and Blue Ray. I can watch a movie 1100 times and never pay another cent. But the broadcast media and hollywood think it better to have people sign up for a monthly fee, and then they control what is viewable. Netflix, some movie shows up, you like it. Aaaaaaand it's gone. I never have that issue.
Streaming music. I buy CD's. Youtube demands I remove my ad blocker, guess what now any music I had bookmarked is blocked.... except it in;t because I have a physical copy.
My kid's video games. Sony and Microsoft want everything to be digital, pay a fee every month or year to keep access. Physical copies work so long as the old hardware keeps going.

It's all going that way. They want cars to be a monthly fee too.
You will own nothing and be happy! just pay all the monthly fees!
They made freegin phone aps to track all your monthly fees for you, and suggest which ones to cancel because you did not use it. If you have so many subscriptions you need a third party to manage them it says something about current state.
I buck against it. Digital everything, pay a fee to use this or it gets shut off or taken away.... digital money.... no thanks. If it isn't in my hand it isn;t real and someone else owns it. I don;t go to work 50 hours a week so someone else can own things I pay for.
Going to stop now I am getting ticked off.

I could give a rat's you know what about the NFL.
But,
The trend to make everything a renewing service is seeping into everything.
Rent a tool and a drone delivers from Home Depot.... yeah or buy the tool? You know own it?
Movies on TV. I have TV series, movies, whatever on DVD and Blue Ray. I can watch a movie 1100 times and never pay another cent. But the broadcast media and hollywood think it better to have people sign up for a monthly fee, and then they control what is viewable. Netflix, some movie shows up, you like it. Aaaaaaand it's gone. I never have that issue.
Streaming music. I buy CD's. Youtube demands I remove my ad blocker, guess what now any music I had bookmarked is blocked.... except it in;t because I have a physical copy.
My kid's video games. Sony and Microsoft want everything to be digital, pay a fee every month or year to keep access. Physical copies work so long as the old hardware keeps going.

It's all going that way. They want cars to be a monthly fee too.
You will own nothing and be happy! just pay all the monthly fees!
They made freegin phone aps to track all your monthly fees for you, and suggest which ones to cancel because you did not use it. If you have so many subscriptions you need a third party to manage them it says something about current state.
I buck against it. Digital everything, pay a fee to use this or it gets shut off or taken away.... digital money.... no thanks. If it isn't in my hand it isn;t real and someone else owns it. I don;t go to work 50 hours a week so someone else can own things I pay for.
Going to stop now I am getting ticked off.

If enough people dont get/buy it , maybe they`ll get the hint ! I aint payin for it f--- em !!

This all started years ago when Rupert Murdock talked the NFL into letting him broadcast the NFC games on his new network called FOX. The NFL is a big whore because they sold Thurs night football to Bezos for a Billion (that's a B) for 11 yrs. They'll do anything for money.

Other than Illinois property taxes, cable is the biggest ripoff in my budget.
I enjoyed watching Band of Brothers on HBO many years ago.
When it’s follow up, The Pacific, came out later, I no longer got HBO, but it wasn’t too big a problem, as I was able to buy the series on DVD soon after it aired.
Now this new series is coming out, Masters of the Air, I’d like to see. But it’s on Apple+ TV. I don’t have that and no desire to subscribe. DVDs are becoming like cassettes or 8 tracks now, so chances are it’ll never be available on DVD I can buy. So I guess I’m sol.
There was a new episode of South Park last fall that was getting a lot of hype. I’m thinking cool, I get Comedy Central on my rip off cable, I’ll check it out. No dice, it was being shown on Paramount+ or something, yet another streaming service I’m not subscribed to, so I can’t watch it on Comedy Central.
Getting to the point my TV might be worthless as anything I want to watch is on a streaming service and I’m not going to get caught up paying for a bunch more overpriced services!
As for sports, I’m glad I have lost interest in recent years. I grew up watching the Cubs religiously on WGN. A few years back they moved Cubs broadcasts to some cable or streaming service. Yet another entertainment broadcast you could see on free TV forever, until you couldn’t. Thankfully I’d lost interest in watching baseball by the time that happened!

Last edited:
Me neither but, its cold as hell outside. I thought I might watch some playoff games. I thought I was leaning towards The Browns with Joe Flacco not going to happen for them.
I have better things to do that’s free. Especially when it’s cold outside.

:monkeyleft:

You can get a digital antenna for $14 bucks and ditch cable. Mine gets about 36 channels and even HD CBS . Then I just have a firestik and you can get Pluto and Tubi apps for free . It gives you enough to watch. When I'm at my shop I turn my phone into a hotspot for my TV there since I don't have Internet there and then put on Pluto TV . They have 4-5 music channels like old MTV and I just have that on for background while I'm working on things

You can get a digital antenna for $14 bucks and ditch cable. Mine gets about 36 channels and even HD CBS . Then I just have a firestik and you can get Pluto and Tubi apps for free . It gives you enough to watch. When I'm at my shop I turn my phone into a hotspot for my TV there since I don't have Internet there and then put on Pluto TV . They have 4-5 music channels like old MTV and I just have that on for background while I'm working on things
Football is a GIANT waste of time. Never watched a game and never will. That's why I get **** done.
I put an antenna in the attic of my Town House and get 46 stations for free on two different televisions at opposite ends of the home.
All the old westerns your father could want for free.

Auto Transport Service
Back