• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Haulers

HWY100

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Looking for tips on open or enclosed car haulers. I'm sort of leaning to an enclosed trailer for storage purposes....or not . But need suggestions on length and width for what best fits b-body mopars ie; RR, Satellites, GTX. What has worked for those trailering their beasts. Thanks for any help offered.

24' Enclosed offers plenty of room for car, B-body, and equipment. I have a 22' that I like, but they're not as common these days.
The V-nose is a nice option, and offers some aero advantage.
The driver side escape door is nice also...

24' Enclosed offers plenty of room for car, B-body, and equipment. I have a 22' that I like, but they're not as common these days.
The V-nose is a nice option, and offers some aero advantage.
The driver side escape door is nice also...
Thanks for the response. If I go enclosed, I'm looking for potentially short term storage. I've found a used 19'x 7.5', It has front access door, two access doors on drivers side, and one door passenger side, but an older unit,1996. I have limited trailer experience so I'm curious as to what others have found +/- for their needs. My tow vehicle is a 2002 2500 2wd Dodge Ram manual. My beast is a 69 B-body. She's a light weight, weighing in at 3840lbs.

Last edited:
I have a 28' enclosed. It may be too large for most. I am able to fit a B or C body along with my golf cart. It also makes for winter storage even with a car in it.

I have a 28' enclosed. It may be too large for most. I am able to fit a B or C body along with my golf cart. It also makes for winter storage even with a car in it.
So you mentioned winter storage. That's the direction I'm starting to favor going to an enclosed trailer. I would like to use it as such, even though I have her in the garage at present. I would much rather have her sitting in a trailer every now and then to clear out space and work on other vehicles as needed, but still under lock and key. I haven't done that much towing, especially with an enclosed trailer so there's that as well. Boats, utility trailers and open haulers yes, but enclosed only once.

I looked over the enclosed I found that is 19 x7.5. It looks to be a bit small. My car is roughly 17' long and tight at 6.5wide. It's a nice trailer, fully insulated, well maintained, very clean with access doors all over but sadly too small. Damn it!

I would usually say plan out what you want, and get a price on a new rig. Shop around.
Unfortunately, with the "supply chain shortage", and inflation, many of the deals are gone...

I love enclosed, makes you stealthy. And no looky loos running into you as you go down the road.

Another thing about enclosed trailers. Lock them up lock fort Knox and use what anti-theft devices you can. It seems everyone likes to try to peek inside or steal it completely when no one is looking. They are a high theft item. You would not believe everything I have for my trailer.

24' enclosed with V-nose for my 64. I would have regretted any smaller, and I don't feel the need for anything bigger. This has plenty of room of the car, pit bike, tent, chairs, tools, etc. I haul with a Ford F-250 with a Powerstroke Diesel. I agree with locking it up like a virgin on prom night! I have no stickers, decals, or anything else on the trailer that may hint to what is inside.
truck and trailer.jpeg
nmca 4.jpeg

I drag raced motorcycles for years. Used a 24' Classic Dominator enclosed trailer. Towed it all over Southern Ontario and the U.S. mid-west with a 2002 Ram 2500 HO diesel. When needed, I used it to haul my Charger R/T as well. During the winter months I stored the car in the trailer as I only had a 1 1/2 car garage at the time and that freed up work space for the drag bikes. If you are using the trailer for storage of anything heavy for a length of time, I would recommend taking some load off of the trailer suspension with leveling jacks. It also came in handy during the construction of our new home for picking up material from various suppliers. There were a couple of trips when it was 3000# over gross with no issues. (Classic used 8000# axles on a 10000# gross trailer). Sadly, Classic is no longer around.

I looked over the enclosed I found that is 19 x7.5. It looks to be a bit small. My car is roughly 17' long and tight at 6.5wide. It's a nice trailer, fully insulated, well maintained, very clean with access doors all over but sadly too small. Damn it!
Yep, it's small. But if it is reasonably priced (especially with all the access doors) I would jump on it. Prices have skyrocketed, supply is difficult.
I wish there was one like that near me. The car I wanna haul is 14ftx5ft.

One of my buddies painted his address across the entire roof of his. Not a bad idea.
Mine has no advertising on it either.

20210904_171159.jpg 20210904_171218.jpg

Still looking for a trailer to haul the roadrunner. Prices are over the top right now. I started looking at open trailers with steel deck. I saw a Sure-Trac at local dealer 7x18. Looks nice but don't know anything about Sure-Trac quality.

Auto Transport Service
Back