• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

Pulled in my barn and light rain began.
Perfect!
No issues there and back we had lots of fun.

Last edited:
Who is this guy?
He sort of popped in and took over the place, saying he was the longest standing member on FBBO! View attachment 1494693
Here he is trying to impress a young lady. Somebody said he does body & paint.
:rofl:

:lol:

I was showing her a picture of Rebel....... we were talking dogs dammit :rolleyes:

and where were you yesterday? I was looking for that sausage sandwich you owe me...... were you dodging me on purpose? :poke:

it was great seeing everyone this weekend, what an awesome group of people....... I'm gonna look into an air conditioned tent for next year

It was great meeting with the people from FBBO! I had a great time,the food was really great! Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put everything together! I believe that the guy who made the ribs name was Pete,they were amazing! Thanks again to everyone!

:lol:

I was showing her a picture of Rebel....... we were talking dogs dammit :rolleyes:

and where were you yesterday? I was looking for that sausage sandwich you owe me...... were you dodging me on purpose? :poke:

it was great seeing everyone this weekend, what an awesome group of people....... I'm gonna look into an air conditioned tent for next year
Puppy pictures.......maybe some free candy too?

Yeah, I was avoiding you - food is expensive there! I'm retired and on a fixed income you know! Next year I'll withdraw more from the 401 so I can eat there.

It was great seeing all of you again, (well most of you). If we get an air conditioned tent next year,
2dqbcr.jpg

We'll all be living in it.

Went from an oven in the morning to snow at night

Came back to the cold in WI

Back to normal , full haze Canada smoke and low dew points Sunday AM
Our Summer in a nutshell WI

Two years in a row I missed the lunch on Saturday because of obligations and trying to fly standby back to Detroit or Minny

My little Apple Health APP said I walked over 20,000 steps on Friday alone

Need to stay out of the swap meet and just relax a little more in all that humidity
Spend more time around the cars and meeting all these great members

So YES on the A C

Was great talking with Hawk on Friday and another young man from Canada with a few Mopars 70 Superbee , sorry on the name , very nice

Got to meet Jeff Saturday AM with his 1971 Charger SE - Just a beautiful car and all his hard work - Was great talking with you

Hawk , the water , the tent , THANK YOU - Just nice to take a break and sit down

Honestly , very nice

Between Iola last week and Carlisle this week - I am officially toast dead

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

Many thanks to Hawk, Barry, and of course special guest Eldubb for the tent, food and activities. I lost count, but pretty sure there were close to 50 or so for lunch?
Special thanks for member @5wndwcpe ! You are now the OFFICIAL BBQ Pitmaster for FBBO!!
Screenshot_20230716_113403_Gallery.jpg
tumblr_cfce5606a013a57e7e07f8b9adaf2fe7_01ac2cd4_400.gif

Well done.

Many thanks to Hawk, Barry, and of course special guest Eldubb for the tent, food and activities. I lost count, but pretty sure there were close to 50 or so for lunch?
Special thanks for member @5wndwcpe ! You are now the OFFICIAL BBQ Pitmaster for FBBO!!View attachment 1495093View attachment 1495094
Well done.
I couldn't agree more - Pistol Pete outdid himself this year. His food was astounding, I especially liked the ribs and shrimp. :thumbsup: :drinks: :thankyou:

It was great meeting with the people from FBBO! I had a great time,the food was really great! Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put everything together! I believe that the guy who made the ribs name was Pete,they were amazing! Thanks again to everyone!
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Special thanks for member @5wndwcpe ! You are now the OFFICIAL BBQ Pitmaster for FBBO!!View attachment 1495093View attachment 1495094
Well done.
An honor I cheerfully accept Sir, thank you.

I couldn't agree more - Pistol Pete outdid himself this year. His food was astounding, I especially liked the ribs and shrimp. :thumbsup: :drinks: :thankyou:
Thank you my friend, it was my pleasure. Hell, I've already started planning next years menu.

Just got in after a 10 hour drive. Was great meeting everyone again this year! I agree we will need a bigger tent!

The Petty Longneck raffle prize found a spot next to my trusty but retired Binks model 69 and Buddy Bakers 73 Charger.

IMG_3350.JPG

Made it home at 5pm. The roadkill electric fuel pump fix worked great all the way home. Nice to meet everyone. We need to hear more about the Hawk Rod Power Tour!

I was going to stop in and introduce my wife and myself but after walking around all morning in the heat we were done. So we figured we would eat at the diner next door in the ac, apparently it wasn't working properly. It was tolerable though so we ate and went home. The " feel like" temp was 109 with the humidity.
So I will try next year

There is an overwhelmingly dominant comment in most responses here....The heat.
Silly thought here.....Hasn't there been any traction on the idea of moving the date on this event to Spring or Fall? What resistance has been put up against this idea?
Out here in CA, our Sacramento Mopar club has traditionally held our annual show the Saturday after Fathers Day in June. Every year, the risk is 100+ temperatures but sometimes we get show days in the 80s. The past 2 years and now for this one, we moved the show date to September and October.

Silly thought here.....Hasn't there been any traction on the idea of moving the date on this event to Spring or Fall? What resistance has been put up against this idea?
Out here in CA, our Sacramento Mopar club has traditionally held our annual show the Saturday after Fathers Day in June. Every year, the risk is 100+ temperatures but sometimes we get show days in the 80s. The past 2 years and now for this one, we moved the show date to September and October.
I think it would be pretty difficult. Carlisle productions has car events from March until the beginning of October basically every two or three weeks. If they moved it, it would need to displace (or swap) with some other show. Lots of big vendors also plan their time as well.

It's not happening.

...But, someone was joking about having an air conditioned tent. Maybe we should rig up some kind of cooling system (the type with a cooler and ice and a fan)?

I would think that there is a pretty full show schedule for those showgrounds throughout the calendar year.

To try and change now might not be possible for a desirable weekend.

...But, someone was joking about having an air conditioned tent. Maybe we should rig up some kind of cooling system (the type with a cooler and ice and a fan)?
Swamp cooler. Or evaporative cooler.

I have one like this in the garage and works ok. Only draw back with it (or any other swamp cooler) is it puts out humidity.

Capture.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back