• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpenters Special - 69 bee clone bruiser

looks great I love the stance & ride height, cool stuff, keep us posted on any other changes in the works, I love these kind of builds, I spend most my time on other forum sections, but will try to check up more often...

I had a query on the project so I thought I would throw a little update in.
The car is in storage for now as my wife and I moved, we decided to down size as it's just the two of us and we gearing for retirement. I have a 23.5 x 26 x 10.3 high carport I have to close in for the new shop which should be done by the end of fall at the same time remodeling the inside of the house. I have on order new full 1/4's and a roof skin as I am getting tired of patching on the rear. I am also trying to keep the new hemi build going as that hit a major snag. The engine builder I was using in Florida passed away and took over a month to get my parts out with the awesome help from a member on moparts. He picked up my parts and currently has them stored in his garage and will be delivering them to the Nat's since he is going there. He will be dropping the parts off to Bob George Racing who will be taking the parts back to his shop in Pa. where the engine will get finished. I am of course paying for the help I am getting from Henry Valdes and worth every penny because without his help I would have been screwed. So far I am just out a billet timing cover which we're pretty sure where that is and should make its way to Pa. I am itching to get back at it but priorities have their order. Thanks again for the kind words and by winter I should be able to continue keeping you kids informed. :icon_thumright:

Good deal SF, I do hope it all gos as smooth as it is starting, Its good to have a friends you can count on, Good luck with your retirement plans and getting set up to finish that monster you seem to have started! :)

Had some more queries on the project so just checking in to say hang on gents I will hopefully start posting pics again in spring. Thanks for the interest and kind words.
Parts are coming in but I have to wait until the new garage/shop is done.

Robert

I've been going threw withdraw waiting!!!!! This is one of my favorite threads so I'll be waiting.

Best wishs on it! I too look forward to your updates, That is going to be a monster and one i would love to be in the near vicinity when it fires up!

Thought I would share a couple of pics of the garage/shop in progress.
Busted out the front stairs on Wed and the pile it left looked like I busted out three sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Just about finished the digging. Roughly 75' x 3' x 4'-5' all by hand and wheeled into a 12yrd bins.

I can imagine how good this is going to be and you friend have done a lot of hard work getting it ready, I remember doing a couple jobs helping out some guys digging a footer inside the building to lay concrete, One we build a garage and basement for a double wide trailer in a hill that was in front and under it and actually used pipe for rollers to pull it onto it lots of work and this almost reminds me of it.. i wish i was as young and healthy as those days, i would love to find a picture that i know exists because for a little joke we hooked up the Cub Cadet rider to the front of the trailer for a joke and it did look like something on a TV show :)

I can imagine how good this is going to be and you friend have done a lot of hard work getting it ready, I remember doing a couple jobs helping out some guys digging a footer inside the building to lay concrete, One we build a garage and basement for a double wide trailer in a hill that was in front and under it and actually used pipe for rollers to pull it onto it lots of work and this almost reminds me of it.. i wish i was as young and healthy as those days, i would love to find a picture that i know exists because for a little joke we hooked up the Cub Cadet rider to the front of the trailer for a joke and it did look like something on a TV show :)

My neighbours think I am nuts doing all the digging by hand and by myself. I can rent a machine and operate it but it would make a huge mess which I don't want at the moment. Will start forming next Friday and after I place the concrete then I will get a machine in
to take the rest of the concrete out and dig down to the elevation I need as I will be dropping the slope of the driveway by 2' which will be good for resale value down the road when we go off to the old folks home.

This deserves a bump. Whatever happened to this car? Any updates? Also what's the width on your front wheels. Amazing build

I need a huge bump.......
A few more pics of the shop to be. It is getting close, the big work is done and this weekend I have to prep for the slab then the perimeter drainage then prep for the driveway slab. I lowered the driveway two feet so now it is at 11% grade which is manageable.
I also had to build a new fence in the back as the old one was rotten and falling over.

This deserves a bump. Whatever happened to this car? Any updates? Also what's the width on your front wheels. Amazing build

Thanks for the bump.
The wheels are 5.5" if I remember correctly with 7.5" x 26" tires and the backs are 15" x 15" with 33x19.5's and I will probably put on 33x22.5's after I burn off the 19.5's.

Yea that's a huge mess you got going there. It will be worth it once it's done cause you'll be able to get back to the bee. Congrats on the new place and the upgrades.

Looking through some pics I found this gem. A member on Moparts owns it.
Sure gives some ideas about making some changes, not on the colour but to that day two look with just a little bit bigger tire in the back but still tucked inside nicely.
With the new full-size 1/4's I have to put on the car I don't think I have the heart to cut them up to fit the 33" tires. I am thinking about switching over to radials, lots of time to think about it
before I get back on the car

Hoping to get back on the car this year but have still been buying parts (I should say trying)
Picked this up today (took 14 weeks from date of ordering) and will be buying the internals in a couple weeks (will probably have to wait months on end to get them).
3Do0Sb3h.jpg

Was also hoping to start the engine assembly but that got sidelined as the Stage V heads I got were junk so I sent them back and now waiting for Stage V to produce a quality casting.

Ma7Q9Guh.jpg

boMCdETh.jpg

YH01c4Wh.jpg

eeTALOGh.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back