• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpenters Special - 69 bee clone bruiser

I was expecting a special Carpenters (the band) edition. I pictured a Mod Top on it, with some shag carpet, and it never goes over 30mph, real mellow.

Well I had to fix another problem and had a chance to get in the shop today for a little bit so the problem is now fixed. I bought a CSR thermostat housing from a member and was told that it is for a big block but the problem is that the opening on the water pump housing was to big and the thermostat would just fall in so I made an adapter plate to solve the issue. No one makes an after market billet thermostat housing for the old style bigger opening so..........
dscn0521gu.jpg

dscn0522uo.jpg

dscn0523l.jpg

dscn0520za.jpg

dscn0524g.jpg

dscn0519wv.jpg

Well I had to fix another problem and had a chance to get in the shop today for a little bit so the problem is now fixed. I bought a CSR thermostat housing from a member and was told that it is for a big block but the problem is that the opening on the water pump housing was to big and the thermostat would just fall in so I made an adapter plate to solve the issue. No one makes an after market billet thermostat housing for the old style bigger opening so..........
dscn0519wv.jpg

your doing some nice work... looks great... get R' done

What in the hell took me so long to find this post, this is unbelievable. I am in love, great job making something bad *** out of something most would have scrapped. You've given me motivation for my next build, I've been thinking about a pro street approach and seeing your build definetly makes it look like a fun project. Great job

Finally got a chance to fit the engine and tranny in to check the ride height and not very happy. The front still needs to come down 1 1/2" so looks like I have to adjust the front part of the frame rails and have to make a new motor plate because I had to raise the engine to clear the steering rack. One step forward and ten backward pisses me off.
uea9.jpg

z7cp.jpg

bvpw.jpg

fy7a.jpg

bcyt.jpg

Well I got the front springs changed out to 400s and adjusted them and just need to raise the back a bit to account for 20gal of fuel and battery and the ride height is good to go, which makes me a very happy camper. I like when a plan comes together and I certainly was not looking forward to redoing the front end.:pink banana:

It's looken' good... progress

Truly an amazing build! Mine is a "walk in the park" compared to what you started with! Looking forward to the next update.

Well that certainly gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that over rated compliment, I'll still take it though. I wish I had the skills that warranted the wow factor but of course I was stupid and went into carpentry.

SF - just found this thread and your work is absolutely amazing . . . don't fret going into carpentry, if you worked on cars for a living you'd probably go home to work on your house because you'd be tired of working on cars all the time . . . . . well, maybe . . .

Thought I better add to my thread..........all the other guys are making me look bad. LOL

I finished making the X-brace today and just have to coat it and the new brackets and then reinstall so I can carry on.

tbl.JPG

sxzv.jpg

3wjn.jpg

Pretty cool ingenuity.

Roadrunnerman - is that spelled ENGINE-uity ? ?

Thought I better add to my thread..........all the other guys are making me look bad. LOL

SF - I don't think "all the other guys" cam make your incredible work ever look bad . . . keep up the great work and please keep us posted !

I enjoy seeing the commitment to detail that you exhibit.

THANKS

Last edited:
:blob1:busy busy moving right long its looking very good thanks for the up dates, waiting for the next one :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back