• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpenters Special - 69 bee clone bruiser

So where is the cross brace going? I see it's adjustable but for what?

This pic shows the diagonal link which is now an X-brace for superior strength for street driving purposes.

DSCN0280.jpg

Finished the the new brackets for the x-brace and the spacers for either side of the hiems that go inside the brackets. Made these brackets out 1/4" steel just for the extra strength.

rgeq.jpg

wix2.jpg

2qy7.jpg
w7or.jpg

:hello2:boy that's some nice work there :hello2:

I got the x-brace in and then checked everything again for square from front to back including all the panels and checked heights of the frame and all the panels and all is good except for the rear end housing, just have to move it 3/8" to the passenger side. Squared my check lines from the center line of the chassis same as I did from the start and used a laser set on these lines and took measurements all over the car and wheels. Took a few pics but doubt you can get an idea of the ride height from these angles. Over all I am happy with things. Now I just have to get the cage welding completed, motor plate mounts made and welded in, engine limiter braces made, last piece to the tranny mount, rad mount and the trunk hinges completed (75% complete ), make new motor plate, get a different oil pan ( need to lower the engine a little bit ), then I can finish a little bit of sheet metal then body work can start then paint. As usual there is always a few details that need to be done along the way but at least the hard part of fab work is complete.

mclr.jpg
ur0c.jpg

4doj.jpg
g00k.jpg

c9od.jpg
wlii.jpg

Last edited:
looking real good and I like how it is sitting that's a nice stance:headbang:

Man, this kind of stuff make me feel bad because my car doesn't have nearly the rust as these types of projects and it's still sitting on jack stands. Nice going with it!

We here see your fabrication skills but only you know just how much work you've done and it sure looks great! That engine looks like a monster and the one picture the 4th one down, the car looks like a beast and seeing that engine sticking up out of the bay, ill wager it is! great work!! Those wheels look great on it...

Thanks for the compliments guys. Ron it has been a lot of work so far and when you do everything yourself it is that much more work and it is getting harder to be a contortionist under the car. If this motor doesn't sell then I will run it until the Hemi is done and home, paint or no paint.

I LIKE IT, That thing looks nasty, really like the stance, motor sticking out of the hood and the fat tires. Pretty impressive work.:icon_pray::

Just a couple pics. I got the engine down as far as I could to where I needed it leaving a 1/4" between the oil pan and the steering rack. I definitely need to get a custom pan from Charlie's as the 7 qt pan from Milodon has only 3" clearance. You can see the difference between the two pics.

lu54.jpg

rq41.jpg

Yep! Very nice and it does look good sitting a little lower, MHO, it looks better.. still looks mean as heck to!

I just read all 9 pages and all I can say is WOW! Super awesome job!

love the work ,the updates but I dying to see her in color:headbang:

love the work ,the updates but I dying to see her in color:headbang:

HA......you and me both. I am not going to put any color on until I get the Hemi home because I might have to cut into the cowl and will need to modify the hood so
unless you want to help with the Hemi we both have to suffer........sorry.

Auto Transport Service
Back