• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars and Cigars!

FridayGt

Reaction score
Hey folks, hope everyone's doing well. I've been looking here for a while and finally registered basically to comment on someone's beautiful GTX. I figured I may as well make an intro thread and hang around for a bit and maybe actually talk while I'm using your site for research.

I'm your typical guy. I can't help but tinker with things and NEED to be doing something with my hands. My usual hobbies stay pretty close to cigars, cars and craft beers. The three C's and life is pretty good.

I've been wanting a classic to work on and cruise in for quite a while now (I believe that desire coincides with puberty. Either that or birth, haven't figured it out yet). Well, I finally can reasonably afford a driving project car and figured that would be the best place for me to get started. I reenlisted a couple of months ago and decided to take a small percentage of the bonus and park a really big smile in my garage.

Ultimately, I really just like to learn. Nothing makes me feel better about myself than to dig my hands into something complex that overwhelms me, stick to it, and eventually learn and understand it. Well, nothing except maybe a WHOLE heaping helping of power behind the pedal.:3gears:

I've been scouring craigslist (autotempest) online for a while and have had two disappointments already. Just ads that were a bit misleading and turned out to really not be what they seemed to be. This has left me with cash in fist, a clean prepped garage and 5 year old's pouty lip and temper tantrum. lol. I'm just trying to be patient at this point as I know it'll pay off in the end. I'd rather wait for the right car at a great deal than to rush to fill my garage and get in over my head.

Well, my car/ cigar buddy is ready to help me work on something besides my daily driver. Anybody know someone with a '70 satellite with too much power for it's own good near Delaware? lol

IMAG0313.jpg

That would be my Dog and my Cigar collection. If it helps anyone, I am more than open to paying for parts and labor in stogies... lol.

Jordan

welcome,just make sure your dog doesn't get into your cigar collection.

welcome,just make sure your dog doesn't get into your cigar collection.

Thanks. He's usually pretty good as long as he gets a new toy, he leaves me and my stogies be so that I can have a minute of peace to enjoy a nice smoke. lol.

Welcome to the site Jordan.:hello2:just remember good things comes to one who waits.She works for me.

Welcome to the site Jordan.:hello2:just remember good things comes to one who waits.She works for me.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, my being too antsy almost had me jumping on something that would have turned out to be a disaster of a money pit. With my meager budget, I really need to wait for the right opportunity to make my buck have as much bang as possible. Thankfully it's about as good of a buyers market as I could hope for. Not to mention that this ride is going to be a learner car for me, so a ground up resto would get real disheartening real quick.

FridayGT Thank you for your military service to our fine country! And welcome to the FBBO forum to you & your pooch, I too am a dog person & like an occasional stogie to relax with, not much lately, but I do enjoy them... Good luck on your search for the correct MoPaR project, spend the money right the 1st time it's a lot better/cheaper & less stress in the long run.... A lot of times it's cheaper to buy an almost completed unfinished project that someone else has already done a bunch of the dirty grunt work, that you can add your finishing touches to...

thanks! I almost found the next deal on here! Lol, too bad it was just a hair out of my price range! Dang, just tickled the tips of my fingers. Lol

Welcome! I am not sure if the guy still has it haven't seen it/him in over a year but i know of a 70' Satellite brand new B7 paint with a built 440 crate, right outside of McGuire AFB.

Welcome! I am not sure if the guy still has it haven't seen it/him in over a year but i know of a 70' Satellite brand new B7 paint with a built 440 crate, right outside of McGuire AFB.

that sounds like exactly my cup of tea! If you could somehow put me in touch, I would appreciate the heck out of it! I'm on a budget, but a 440 would just make me giggle depending on what shape it was in. heck, any late sixties to early seventies rr, sat, or gtx that runs with minimal work and a little gitty-up is a dream ride for me. especially if its a manual. Don't have much to offer you in the way of a finders fee if it works out, but I'd definitely buy you a beer and bring you a cigar!

that sounds like exactly my cup of tea! If you could somehow put me in touch, I would appreciate the heck out of it! I'm on a budget, but a 440 would just make me giggle depending on what shape it was in. heck, any late sixties to early seventies rr, sat, or gtx that runs with minimal work and a little gitty-up is a dream ride for me. especially if its a manual. Don't have much to offer you in the way of a finders fee if it works out, but I'd definitely buy you a beer and bring you a cigar!

Cool yea i think my dad has his # somewhere. I'll let you know if i can find it, If not i'll ask around at the next car meet.

You rock man, thanks. *Virtual fist bump*

I'll defenitely let you know if something comes up first, but doesn't look like much right now.

Welcome! Gotta have a dream. It might as well be cruising in your own Mopar B body! When I was in the service, the re-up bonus initially was $10k but then went to $20k (I was a Navy Nuke MM-ELT). I hear the re-up bonus for Navy Nuke types is now somewhere around $80k (is that right?)! With them bucks, I would of re-enlisted & you can bet it would have been used to secure a Mopar B-Body!
Greg

Welcome! Gotta have a dream. It might as well be cruising in your own Mopar B body! When I was in the service, the re-up bonus initially was $10k but then went to $20k (I was a Navy Nuke MM-ELT). I hear the re-up bonus for Navy Nuke types is now somewhere around $80k (is that right?)! With them bucks, I would of re-enlisted & you can bet it would have been used to secure a Mopar B-Body!
Greg

Yeah I just reupped and ran with the bonus. That's what's funding my dream car right now.lol. Well, a small percentage of it at least is. My original intent was staying in to do my twenty and retire, but it appears as though the economy is taking the once amazing military pension down the drain along with it.

Looks like I'll be making a road trip this weekend to check out a car! Hopefully things go well, but if it's as explained on the phone, it should be a pretty grreat deal. Hopefully the thing doesn't sell before I can get a chance to check it out!

Back