• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter AFB restoration

I have a buddy that had a 427 side oiler in his kitchen so why not a 413 in the dining room? I currently have a set of magnesium American's in my living room. Oh, and did I mention neither of us is married?

Yep, the classic three word reply. It appears that Lunati closes the intake fairly early to preserve cylinder pressure but makes it up with an aggressive ramp rate. A cam like this may require more spring then a comparable grind so service life will tend to be shorter. They say these cams make good power but I have no experience with them.

For as long as I'd like to stay married, the 413 will need to stay in the garage, or else it's :argue:

I also got the recommended Lunati spring kit, but off hand I can't remember the seat pressure. As I said before, car is a weekend cruiser so mileage is negligible.

I will happily share with all my experience with this cam, but as you know, a few on this board had high praises for these Lunati Cams. (I really hope to become one of them!!)

Struggling finding the time to get out to build engine this week. From Wednesday next week I will be taking 10 days off work, so I hope to get it all done then!

Yes, I'd be interested in knowing your experience when you get it on the road.

As for the 413 block I guess the minister of domestic affairs has spoken!

Do those carbs only have a nozzle for carburetor vacuum, and no manifold vacuum?

When I ran the 2-4 factory cast iron intake on my 383 I had to make a base plate that used the oval Hemi filter and bent the air cleaner studs to fit the air grabber top. Was a pain to make -fiberglass, but worked well and was never redone again. It also "made" the engine when the hood was opened. I used the Carter 400 cfm electric choke carbs for both primary and secondary. The car was a joy to drive cold compared to factory 4 barrel and got 2 mpg better gas mileage too boot. It did take some adjusting(choke) every season change to run at its best.

Would that also apply for a 4326s?

Most of the early carbs had the ported vacuum port near the throttle side. Just shoot some carb cleaner into the port and see where it comes out. And get behind a piece of glass or face shield so you don't get carb cleaner in your eye.

Auto Transport Service
Back